• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Question about the irs brace

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Swap the IRS for a solid axle.

Wheel hop is a characteristic of IRS on high powered cars. I've even seen it on a BMW M3.

Basically you want to start with replacing weak links on the car like the axles, bushings. A good place to start is with a good set of drag radials. If they are cold, they WILL hop, but warmed up they will hook - but then you have to worry about snapping a stock axle!

You can probably spend $3000+ on the IRS and still have room for improvement and under the right circumstances (tire temp, incline/decline) it WILL hop no matter what.

Venomblue22 said:
With regards to what brace i am talking about, honestly i didnt know there was 2 different braces, but im interested in learnin more about these. I would like to try to reduce wheel hop and make the rear end nearly bullit proof, so what does this involve?
Thanx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info