• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03-04 Cobra Trans???

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Eleni said:
How much RWHP can a stock 6 speed take, within a safe range? Also, how much RWHP can the viper upgrade 6 speed take?

Well, my output shaft couldn't take my mid-high 500's rwhp and DRs. :mad: My 26 spline (Viper) input shaft has held up though.

However, the Viper 30 spline output (main) shaft should take it and more.

BTW, there is no "SAFE" range for any component when racing. As an example, some guys go mid 10's on the stock 1/2 shafts and some guys break them with stock hp levels. :dunno:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I have only missed 3rd a couple...like 5 times max BEFORE big power, 490 at the wheels, and at MSC my brother missed 3rd and then 2nd, and then this week at RT 66 my trans locked me in fourth for what seemed no reason, but now I think it's the missed shifts from MSC that killed it. I don't blame my brother, he just happened to put on the last straw. If anything it's the McLoed twin disc POS GRABMONSTER. Yeah you read it right.

I have the liberty 26 spline input shaft, but a McLoed twin disc, and over 120 races have taken it's toll.

I'm trying to fund a rebuild from a place in Naperville that will allow even more power, much less tolerate what I have now so I don't have to go back in, and I might even get the Viper final drive ratio so I can use the 4:10 out back.

Still can't drive though, so I may just fix it and sell...I'm sick over this last break.

An automatic is cheaper, I may just do that. Then I will run like a mofo, but anybody can run an automatic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• E
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list