• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

elusive noise

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Well I got the blower and cam cover off tonight- no obvious problems. Everything looks good. Next step is a leak test, then maybe put the blower back on and run the car with the cover off. Might not be valve noise after all, maybe spun a bearing. Ill keep everyone posted. Looks like a DSS,VT or Keith Craft might be in the future if it turns out to be a rod knock.......Lyle

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
dun4791 said:
Well I got the blower and cam cover off tonight- no obvious problems. Everything looks good. Next step is a leak test, then maybe put the blower back on and run the car with the cover off. Might not be valve noise after all, maybe spun a bearing. Ill keep everyone posted. Looks like a DSS,VT or Keith Craft might be in the future if it turns out to be a rod knock.......Lyle

Damn Lyle. :(

Is it in the bottom of the motor? Haven't heard of too many rod related failures on these motors at our power level.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
gnxs said:
Damn Lyle. :(

Is it in the bottom of the motor? Haven't heard of too many rod related failures on these motors at our power level.

Going to test the lifters- If cant find anything wrong then I guess I needed better pistons anyway.
I have only read of about 4 or 5 that lost the bottom running 17lbs. But I guess maybe I have the luck HUH...............Lyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info