• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My 03 Cobra sounds like one of Santa's Reindeers when I hit a bump???

StangJason

Jun 11, 2005
Can anyone tell me what is causing this problem? It's a quick chirp or bell like jingle sound that only occurs when I hit bumps.

I can hear it with my windows down when I hit a bump. Also, the dealership says it's coming from the rear of the car but doesn't know what's causing it. I personally can't tell where it's coming from front, middle or back but I've thought it was coming from the front personally.

I also have the clunking sound when I turn and hit a dip that comes from the right backseat areas. Could this be related?

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
StangJason said:
Can anyone tell me what is causing this problem? It's a quick chirp or bell like jingle sound that only occurs when I hit bumps.

I can hear it with my windows down when I hit a bump. Also, the dealership says it's coming from the rear of the car but doesn't know what's causing it. I personally can't tell where it's coming from front, middle or back but I've thought it was coming from the front personally.

I also have the clunking sound when I turn and hit a dip that comes from the right backseat areas. Could this be related?

Are you Santa?!

StangJason

Jun 11, 2005
Oncebitten03 said:
the dealer couldnt verify that any further?

No the service guy I know and like a lot just said that they had no idea what it was because the suspension parts seem to be very good shape (I forgot the exact parts he mentioned but I do think he mentioned the control arms).

I asked him if it could possibly be the caliper pins as suggested from another person and he told me that noise usually comes from the front not the rear that they believe mine is coming from.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info