• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

KB Fixed.. HOW TO INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE!

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
5 Mins + plastic coupler + 1 allen wrench = Problem Solved.

Sounds a lot better than 600 bucks now doesn't it? [Thats what a shop quoted me to install this.. LOL!]

Anyway..

Now what is a coupler you might ask?

Here are two pictures of it. It is from Kenne Bell and is 20.00 in price.

b1acd07d.jpg

e996123c.jpg

The Plastic coupler [green] resides between the two aluminum couplers [1 in the snout portion] and the other [In the blower portion].

Here is a pic of it installed:
5c16663b.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

Directions:

1) Use a 6mm Allen wrench to undo the bolts on the snout [NOT THE CASE] of the blower.

2) Pull snout off and insert plastic coupler onto aluminum coupler on the case side.

DSC01419.jpg

^ Snout portion

DSC01416.jpg

^Blower Portion

DSC01418.jpg

Green Coupler Installed in blower coupler ^

3) Now place snout coupler onto blower and align it with the plastic coupler.

4) Tighten bolts back down, reattach belt.

5) Check to make sure no oil go onto anything [There Might be a little bit that comes out but not much].

6) Enjoy! :biggthump

Thanks Gary, Peter, Tony, Gus for all the help!

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
I think mine is fugged up on my heaton. Either that or its the bearing.

Well I pulled my snout off and looked at the coupler. It is steel and looks like it has steel hardened bushings and the cnout has aligning pins. It all looks good and no play in the snout bearing. Those rubber couplers are not the best, we use them in an industrial environment. Perhaps it is used to compensate for poor production tolerances. With Eaton using a steel coupler, they must be very good with thier tolerances.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info