• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Okay, it's time for a clutch...which one??

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
After MSC 4, my clutch is fried. It chattered in third and just flat-out engages like crap. I think that it's time for a new clutch. What do you guys recommend? I don't drive the car daily but I do drive it a lot. Now since MSC, I think I will be attending more dragstrips so I'm looking for a street/strip combo. Also, should I get a new throw-out bearing or anything else? And is there a REPUTABLE place to have this installed? I'm too lazy and frankly don't have the tools to do it myself, also, I don't have the machine to resurface the flywheel. Wht do you guys think? Centerforce? Spec? King Cobra? Ram? Exedy?.....

-Mike

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
SALEENstang96 said:
After MSC 4, my clutch is fried. It chattered in third and just flat-out engages like crap. I think that it's time for a new clutch. What do you guys recommend? I don't drive the car daily but I do drive it a lot. Now since MSC, I think I will be attending more dragstrips so I'm looking for a street/strip combo. Also, should I get a new throw-out bearing or anything else? And is there a REPUTABLE place to have this installed? I'm too lazy and frankly don't have the tools to do it myself, also, I don't have the machine to resurface the flywheel. Wht do you guys think? Centerforce? Spec? King Cobra? Ram? Exedy?.....

-Mike

My vote with your setup would be to do the 26 spline input shaft with a Centerforce Dual Friction setup. Drivability will be great and still have great holding power at the track. The 'puck' style clutches are to much for mostly street driving. Might as well do the 26 spline setup since you will have the trans out of the car anyways.

Cobratom

Regular
May 14, 2004
1MEANGT said:
My vote with your setup would be to do the 26 spline input shaft with a Centerforce Dual Friction setup. Drivability will be great and still have great holding power at the track. The 'puck' style clutches are to much for mostly street driving. Might as well do the 26 spline setup since you will have the trans out of the car anyways.

I second that! Have the same combo on mine with 584hp at the rear wheels. Driveabliity great, pedal effort less than the stock clutch and is totally streetable with no issues. Check with Larry at Speed Inc, great work and fair prices.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info