• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

CEL came on...???!???

B

Boost12

:confused: ok so Since I put the Exhaust on with no cats my CEL came on.. I put the CEL fixers on there but they were both for the same side meaning that it looked like there was suposed to be 2 diffrent ones for each rear 02 but I had a matching set so it wouldent clip on one side but I modified it to work and it snapped in but I still have a CEL light..?? Will that light make my car run like shit until I get it worked out?? It seems to run great but im woundering if that will change.. :confused: oh yea another thing too.. the car is really hard to get into reverse now also. you olmost have to use 2 hands and force it over.. but it slides up ok its just hard to get over..??

Thanks guys!

O

oohsoobad2

Any time the CEL is on your car will run slightly richer to protect the engine.

MIL Elimantor dont always work. I tried two sets on my GT with no luck. I also had friends with a 99 Cobra and 01 Bullitt who tried the Elimantors and the light stayed on. I ended up getting a chip and that turned it off for good.

B

Boost12

Wiked03 said:
I PMed you some info... let me know how it works out.

yea I have no idea whats going on... The car threw 5 codes last night after I put the exhaust on. I know for a fact that the cel eliminators arnt working right though because 2 of the codes were for the 02s. It also threw an EGR code for some reason. Im hopeing that its all related to the exhaust in some way because it was fine until I took off all the cats with that H-pipe so im hopeing once I get new CEL elimanaters from SPeed Tomorrow that the codes will clear out and stay off... I talked to hans and he said sometimes that the CEL things go bad so hopefully new ones will fix my problum.. The car still runs good though even with the CEL on so I dont think its affecting anything :confused: I just have to drive around with the Scan tool plugged in for the mean time!! :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list