• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Flip Chip???

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
When James from RWTD comes out in Dec I want to get my car retuned. Thinking about spraying the car next spring. Don't know much about tuning and stuff and could use some advice.

Should I stick with my Preadator or buy a flip chip? If so what chip should I get and how much does it cost?

If I get the flip chip should I do the following:
93 Oct tune
93 NOS tune
100 NOS tune

Thanks in advance....

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I have another question??? I have a predator Revolution chip on the car now. I know you can get a switch, b/c Jon at Speedinc says it comes with one. Problem is he doesn't usually give people the flipper part of the switch b/c he says people knock it into the wrong tune all the time and he doesn't want the liability. Can I just get the switch part of the flip switch????

ARGHHH

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
hj16 said:
If you want to run that many tunes you definately want a flip chip holmes.

I could just reload the tunes from the preadtor right? No need for instant changes since I don't street race. I have a lap top to bring to the track to swap them also.

Are they making some adjustment for the Preadtor to hold more tunes????

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
10th03cobra said:
I could just reload the tunes from the preadtor right? No need for instant changes since I don't street race. I have a lap top to bring to the track to swap them also.

Are they making some adjustment for the Preadtor to hold more tunes????

Yes you could do it exactly as you stated. Also, a future software update is supposed to allow the Predator to hold more than 1 Custom Tune (remains to be seen).

However, I think if I was a N2O user I would want a flip chip.

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
cobravenom39 said:
I have another question??? I have a predator Revolution chip on the car now. I know you can get a switch, b/c Jon at Speedinc says it comes with one. Problem is he doesn't usually give people the flipper part of the switch b/c he says people knock it into the wrong tune all the time and he doesn't want the liability. Can I just get the switch part of the flip switch????

ARGHHH

whats the fucking point of having a flip chip then, they have to give you the switch :dunno:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
cobravenom39 said:
What am I supposed to say, give me the flip chip b/c someone else will be tuning it?? I'm keeping the tune he gave me b/c it's safe, but I don't want to hurt their feelings b/c I'm going with spray and 100 octane.

How about... "Gimmie the flip clip (and all its parts) since I paid for it." :dunno:

The Xcal2, can hold 3 custom tunes and I can switch tunes in under 2 mins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info