• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which would you choose KB2.4 or Whipple 2.3?

Which one?

• 2.4L Kenne Bell

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 2.3L Whipple

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Who cares

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
Go whipple.. KENNE BELL CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So does Whipples'!!!

Unless you're running more than 24 psi, either will perform basically the same.

It's really a matter of personal preference since they seem priced about the same. For all intents and purposes they only differ in:

- Looks
- Sound

You really can't go wrong either way.

My $0.02

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Boost12 said:
Whipple baby!! The whole kit is only like 3k out the door where as the 2.2KB is like 700 more... at least thats the cheapest I could find the kenny bell for :confused:

That's not correct... New Whipples are unavailable until some time next year from what I hear due to a pending lawsuit.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/news.asp?articleID=68

The KB 2.2 is around $3,249 when purchase without the BAP and Chip, which the Whipple does not include anyway, so the difference comes out to $100 if you pay retail for the Whipple $3,150 I believe

http://www.kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf

Haveight

Regular
Mar 8, 2004
Boost12 said:
so why does it seem like everyone perfers the Whipple over the KennyBell?? :dunno:

I had to 2 2.2 KB's , its a good blower I just couldn't stop wanting more boost, along with that came numerous other problems, that Dubs can atest to for me, and spending lots of money to try out new parts. The blowers are not the same internally, the KB I believe is a 5:4 count male to female rotors where as the whipple it 7:3 I am not sure, but I do know they are different I also owned a whipple, at same boost levels I made more power with the KB by about 20 RWHP. I never wanted to mess around with the 2.4 I had my hands on a whipple 3.3, but it vanished into thin air, and I just gave up opened my bank account and went turbo!
I won't post all the problems I had I feel it is unfair to any vendors of these products, if you want any specific info PM me or just call me :headbang:
both blowers are great options on these cars to certian power levels, it depends on what your plans our for the car. I was modding my car back in june 02 when I first got it!

Venomblue22

If you only knew
Mar 7, 2005
CobraSusie said:
I heard they were basically the same internally, about the only diffence was the casing :dunno:
Kenne belle has a 4 blade and a 6 blade rotor, where as the whipple has a 3 blade and 5 blade, which in turn i hear makes the kenne belle run cooler at the same boost level as the the whipple but idn, thats what i heard when i was doin my research

Thread Info