• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Quietest mid-pipe with Stingers????

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
I just put on some Stingers with a off road UPR X pipe and it’s waaay too loud for everyday driving. I don’t want to put the stock H pipe back on and loose horsepower. From those who have this exhaust, what are you running, how loud, and what do you suggest I do to quiet this exhaust down???

After some research, many recommend an H pipe with cats over the X with the Stinger. Any reason why? I want it to sound smoother and not as raspy and glasspack-like it is now. At open throttle and high rpm’s, it going to be loud either way. I looking for a mid-pipe that is quite and has not drone at cruising speeds.

I was considering the MRT or Magnaflow H pipes with cats. OR should I just go with a different exhaust?

Any input is great appreciated.

Thanks

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
BIGONTS said:
I just put on some Stingers with a off road UPR X pipe and it’s waaay too loud for everyday driving. I don’t want to put the stock H pipe back on and loose horsepower. From those who have this exhaust, what are you running, how loud, and what do you suggest I do to quiet this exhaust down???

After some research, many recommend an H pipe with cats over the X with the Stinger. Any reason why? I want it to sound smoother and not as raspy and glasspack-like it is now. At open throttle and high rpm’s, it going to be loud either way. I looking for a mid-pipe that is quite and has not drone at cruising speeds.

I was considering the MRT or Magnaflow H pipes with cats. OR should I just go with a different exhaust?

Thanks

Mac prochamber, it got rid of ALL my RASP, if your going to MSC check mine out

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
BIGONTS said:

Thanks

I am very interested in installing stinger cat-back(I heard soundclip with stock h-pipe,sounds awesome) but i'm stumped as well as what mid-pipe :dunno: there's a recent soundclip on modularfords with stingers and offroad prochamber(didn't like it at all,too damn loud IMO)maybe catted h-pipe or even catted x pipe would be the way to go :dunno:
Many people have said stingers sound the best with stock mid-pipe :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info