• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

James @ RWTD is coming to Chicago to tune!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
UPDATED CHRISTMAS MORNING

LOCATION- Speed Inc

DATE- Friday January 6th- Sunday January 8th

If you need a handheld tuner or chip, WE MUST KNOW IN ADVANCE SO HE CAN BRING THE REQUESTED ITEM!!!!!

Friday
12pm -Jeff (JeffsLightning).
2pm
4pm - Ray (03CobraRed)
6pm _ John Patterson (Jpatte)
8pm -

Saturday
9am - Dennis (Silver '02 L)
11am - VenomInside
1am - Get Ready
3pm- Alex ( DEVOURER )
5pm -

Sunday
8am - Larry (gnxs)
10am - Jeff (10th03cobra)
12pm - Andy (Cobravenom39)
2pm - Todd (Blubyu)
4pm - Eric (SVTdubs)

Price: $500 (BRING CASH AND GIVE TO ERIC (SVTDUBS) AND I WILL DISTRIBUTE THE MONEY TO THE PARTIES AS AGREED UPON)

Includes wideband, custom tuning using SCT Advantage (or DiabloSport Chipmaster Revolution if you already have a DiabloSport product), dyno time, travel costs, etc.
SCT Xcal2 with custom dyno tuning - $799
SCT multi-tune chip with custom dyno tuning - $699

***IMPORTANT***

James needs a list of names, telephone #'s, vehicles being tuned and what mods, as well as what products I need to bring to ensure that everyone is able to be tuned properly. Everyone who is attending, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

First/Last Name:
Address:
Contact Telephone # w/ timeframes:
Vehicle Model (and if Auto of Manual):
Modifications (Performance only; I don't need to know your bling):
Products needed from RWTD, if any:
Current Tuning Customer of RWTD? Yes or No
Timeslot/Date of tuning (it must be approved here with SVTdubs):

I am seriously considering taking non-refundable deposits to ensure that this trip is worthwhile. Unless for some odd reason I wasn't able to make it then obviously I would refund everyone on the deposits. This is normal procedure and practice for any tuner traveling long distance.

Thanks!

James

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
He tunes cams perfect, no doubt. Ive talked to people about his tuning and nothing but perfection. Like I said before, Im really picky on who tunes my car and I trust him without one doubt.

P

PearlBlue L

ok since the new location is speedinc... are we gonna have to stand out in the cold or can we be in the back with our vehicle while its getting tuned??? ill sign a waiver for christs sakes, just would like to be able to see my vehicle being tuned and answer any questions about my setup if need be

P

PearlBlue L

ever get any info on if we can be in the back while our car is getting tuned???? if we cant i dont even want to be on the list, ill just do some mail order tunes through RWTD

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Eric,

I posted here since it's more appropriate than in the Hermann thread.

You certainly SHOULD NOT have to foot the travel bill alone.

Sounds to me like maybe we need to find some cheaper dyno time. :dunno: And like Gary said, I want to be RIGHT THERE there when they're dynoing MY car (even though I trust James 100%). It's still pretty far off, hopefully we can make this a little more cost effective. I doubt James will need two hours dyno time to dial in most of the basic combinations.

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
speed inc is hooking us up BIG time, over HALF off dyno time...

Here is the break down...

299 for the tuning alone
1500 for dyno time for the weekend (3 days)
$415 for the flight
XXX for the hotel (as of now, I have james staying in my spare bedroom so its affordable for you guys)
FREE rental car, my chevy blazer so he can get back and forth while I am at work...

so dyno time 1500/15= 100 per person
tuning = 299
flight 415/15= 28

$427 plus hotel from thurs night - sun night...
which is about $500 per person.... Im sure james would rather stay at a hotel rather than my home...

RWTD

Aug 26, 2005
Jay Vicious said:
are sure or is that just SCT that has that 4 bank system?

Both DiabloSport and SCT output their files in 4-bank, which is what the pcm is comprised of. Think of it this way, you can take and swap tunes of different boxcodes/calibrations designed for a particular vehicle onto another same vehicle with a different boxcode/calibration. This is completely different than the # of tunes on the chip.

i.e. there are 4 different calibrations from Ford that were used on the '03 Cobra (in order: QUD2, YDH0, YDH1, and HSF0), and 1 calibration for the '04 Cobras (AMZ1, plus 1 non-service released AMZ2). You can swap any of these calibrations onto a '03 or '04 Cobra, so long as the file output is in 4-bank. There's a lil more to it than this, but this is the simplistic way of understanding it.

As for pricing, I will be offering a package pricing for those who need a Predator or a chip. It will not be $500 for my time, trip fees, etc., PLUS a full price for a chip or Predator on top of that. I'll work some details and prices up for everyone soon.

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Sincerely,

James

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
SVTdubs said:

Eric, please let me know if the place is already locked ? I have connections with a brand new shop that is located in Elgin with a brand new Dynojet (with all the goodies) that is located in an 80,000 sq ft facility that can facilitate all the cars indoors plus more. They are willing to host this event without question. PM me.

you can count me IN on the tune if its a SCT. does the $500 include the xcal2 and what not, or is that extra? my car reeks like shit and lets out a nice pop every once a while between the 1-2 WOT shift.

EDIT: wait, is this only for 03/04 guys, or will you let a 98 guy slide in?

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
yes james is doing SCT and diablo. I will have more details soon, I have been absolutely SWAMPED with shit to do lately.... I just bought a new car, the cobra is still being worked on, etc etc... hopefully ill have something for you guys soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info