• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Recalibrator or Predator for Gear Change

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Should I buy the FRPP recalibrator or use the predator I already own? I will be installing a rebuilt diff w/ 4.10 FRPP gears. I am not sure about the accuracy of the predator and if I will have any problems w/ warranty on car, that is if I even have a warranty.

M-9731-T01_cmyk.jpg

From FordRacing web site:

Corrects speedometer, odometer, ABS, cruise control systems and other calibration errors related to any changes in axle ratio or tire size.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Mystic Terminator said:
Should I buy the FRPP recalibrator or use the predator I already own? I will be installing a rebuilt diff w/ 4.10 FRPP gears. I am not sure about the accuracy of the predator and if I will have any problems w/ warranty on car, that is if I even have a warranty.

M-9731-T01_cmyk.jpg

From FordRacing web site:

Corrects speedometer, odometer, ABS, cruise control systems and other calibration errors related to any changes in axle ratio or tire size.

Ummm use the predator. What could be more accurate than changing the proper values in the tune?

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Ummm use the predator. What could be more accurate than changing the proper values in the tune?

Predator has fixed values that all appear to be off by .01. For example I have to choose 4.11 instead of 4.10. Maybe because it was developed in a third world country? Do you think it will work correctly, or do you think it will be a problem?

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
Predator has fixed values that all appear to be off by .01. For example I have to choose 4.11 instead of 4.10. Maybe because it was developed in a third world country? Do you think it will work correctly, or do you think it will be a problem?

I can't imagine that it could be off by much if it isn't right on. The difference of 0.01 is probably less than the difference between new and used tires or the difference of the actual circumference of two different tire manufacturers version of a given tire size.

If you are in doubt you can always try it out. Program it in and pace somebody with the cruise on 65. OR find a good straight stretch of interstate and reset it at a mile marker and drive about 20 or 30 miles. If it's off enough to worry about it you'll know.

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
I can't imagine that it could be off by much if it isn't right on. The difference of 0.01 is probably less than the difference between new and used tires or the difference of the actual circumference of two different tire manufacturers version of a given tire size.

If you are in doubt you can always try it out. Program it in and pace somebody with the cruise on 65. OR find a good straight stretch of interstate and reset it at a mile marker and drive about 20 or 30 miles. If it's off enough to worry about it you'll know.

Do not worry. It worked fine when I used the 3.90, 4.10, and 4.30 gears. Using a tall tire makes all things almost equal.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Wiked03 said:

Well, I tried the Predator and it didn't do a fuckin' thing. It is off 15% which is what the difference is between 3.55 and 4.10. Speedo indicates too high, miles tick off faster than actual. 15% off on the nuts. Loaded the tune twice from Predator, both times selecting 4.09 since this was the closest to 4.10. Predator is a POS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info