• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Never lend your car to anyone!!

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
So..... I'm sitting around toady talking to friends & family. We were talking about the Cobra & how I don't think it's running right. Then somehow we get on the topic of gas prices. My older Brother (who I lent the Cobra to a few weeks ago, because he wanted to show it off to his Wife.) said "Yea, Gas is outrageous. Especially that racing stuff." Now, My brother (who is 47 years old) is not a car guy.. Never was, Never will be. So I asked him how the hell do you know the price of race gas?!? Before he returned the car he put gas in it... he used race gas. AHHH!!! :stick2: So I asked what, where & how much?!? Citgo 110oct leaded :eek: . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :crying: ........ He said he just topped it off & it was about 6 or 7 gallons. Sooooooooooo, Now I know why the car doesn't seem right. I'm sure it killed the O2 sensors. But I don't have a check engine light on. I'll have to pull them out & check'em.

Hmmmmmmmmm.. The moral.. Don't lend your car to ANYONE!! :nono:

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Flyn high again said:
If it was my car, I'd drain the gas immediately and fill the tank with unleaded. You may be able to save your sensors and cats. Then go dump the stuff in your brother's car and see how he likes it.

Well... He did this weeks ago. I never knew. I've filled up 4 times already. (93oct) I guess I'll pull the O2's & throw on an offroad X pipe. If the sensors look good, I'll clean them up but if I must.. I'll get new ones.

My Bro just bought a Honda Civic Hybrid. I told him I gonna throw a box of earth magnets on the batterys. :clap:

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
I don't think he knows how much he put in. When he took the car it was 3/4 full. He drove from Chicago to Gurnee. That should be just about 3/4 of a tank. He had to full it up with 110. :(

I guess the only damage can be O2 & cats. I replaced the plugs about 2 weeks ago because I though they might have something to do with the car running sluggish. They wern't too bad. Just a little dry & brown. :eek:h:

Venomblue22

If you only knew
Mar 7, 2005
Brutal04 said:
So..... I'm sitting around toady talking to friends & family. We were talking about the Cobra & how I don't think it's running right. Then somehow we get on the topic of gas prices. My older Brother (who I lent the Cobra to a few weeks ago, because he wanted to show it off to his Wife.) said "Yea, Gas is outrageous. Especially that racing stuff." Now, My brother (who is 47 years old) is not a car guy.. Never was, Never will be. So I asked him how the hell do you know the price of race gas?!? Before he returned the car he put gas in it... he used race gas. AHHH!!! :stick2: So I asked what, where & how much?!? Citgo 110oct leaded :eek: . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :crying: ........ He said he just topped it off & it was about 6 or 7 gallons. Sooooooooooo, Now I know why the car doesn't seem right. I'm sure it killed the O2 sensors. But I don't have a check engine light on. I'll have to pull them out & check'em.

Hmmmmmmmmm.. The moral.. Don't lend your car to ANYONE!! :nono:

Hey man if ur check engine light did not come on, ur 02 sensors are fine. I had the same thing happen to me, but as soon as the 5 gallons gotr mixed up, bank 2 sensor one started setting the check engine light off, and i had to replace it, so i would only worry about it if the light comes on, fyi

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info