• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is this a good deal..04 cobra

imported_JacobK

Regular
Oct 21, 2004
Well guys i found a guy looking to sell or trade is 04 cobra couple.. It his redfire with gray interior. It has 5200 miles 2.8 pulley, Stieg ported blower, throttle body and plenum, UPR catted x-pipe, Borla stinger Catback, Steeda Cold air, SCT chip with custom tune, 315 nittos out back, and some billet interior pieces, never been wrecked or anything..I have talked to the guy and he said he would take my 99 Camaro SS, plus $17,500 for it. What do you guys think, is this a good deal or no?
I have bolt ons, and a $4000 rebuilt trans, but my car has 113K miles..so i figure with the trans it is probably worth $10,000. However i owe i believe $8995 or around there on it. So does anyone know what i would do at the bank? do i tell them what im doing and see if they can add the loan onto my payments or what?
here are some pics of the cobra
img_0068.jpg

img_0055.jpg

img_0059.jpg

img_0066.jpg

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Looks like that snake will end up costing you 26500. Not a HORRIBLE price, but not that great either.

Basically, you need the guy to buy out your Camaro loan. Then you will need to get another loan for the 26500 (or whatever you negotiate.)

Or you can just try and get a loan for 26500, and see if they will let you split it up (9k to pay off Camaro, 17500 for the snake)... not likely though.

Good luck either way.

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
I lost a little on my Camaro with the trade on my L and form my L to the cobra.... if you want the car bad enough , a little here a little there wont hurt you... and youll enjoy your drive when ever like i do :biggthump, in a nutshell... it the camaros payment and get the cobra

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
JacobK said:
the only bad thing about a dealer is that im gonna lose alot on my car with it having 113K miles..
Big Time, I think you would be good doing this trade, (I was lucky I went to my dealer sponsor for the new car)
some dealerships won't even take a car with that high of milage :(

My Explorer was 2 yrs old, and Eddie Bauer, immaculate, but had 129,000 miles,
no one would pay off the $11,700 I owed, and half the dealerships said IF they would it would go to auction :dunno:

Selling the car outright it will be hard enough to get the loan paid off, so...
Guess it is all up to you, I would really consider it ;)
See if you can work the price down a little :dunno:

Good Luck !

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I don't know, I paid about $25k and change for my 03 in January with 11k miles and all it had was a UPR Cold Air kit....that doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. Naturally if you can talk him down anymore that would be ideal but I'd say go for it!! That car has real low miles, already modded over 500rwhp and you kill two birds with one stone: get rid of your old car and get a bad-ass Cobra too. If he takes a lower offer, don't let this one pass!! Oh, and make sure that you keep that licence plate!! It's priceless!!

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info