• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

HIDs?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Nope. Xenons. Slightly under $30 shipped for all 4 bulbs.

Positives-

They look like expensive HIDs.
Light is much more even than stock and not blotchy
Blue tinted and much whiter than stock light
Under $30 shipped for all 4 bulbs

Negatives

Not quite as bright as stock lights

If you don't want to spend hundreds for HID lights, this may be an alternative for you guys. As you can see in the pics, the light is much whiter with a slight bluish tint. The stock lights look yellow next to the Xenons. The only downside I see is that they aren't quite as bright as the stock lights in my opinion. You can see fine with them at night but if you need to see far ahead of you, these may not be what you want to use. Of course, it only takes about 5 minutes to change them and for $30, it's not like you are risking much.

http://stores.ebay.com/Your-Pit-Stop_XENON-BULBS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

9007s and H10s are the headlight and foglight bulbs respectively.

Last two pics are stock and then Xenon.

Attachments

• Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize 2.jpg
    Resize 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 624
  • Resize 3.jpg
    Resize 3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize 4.jpg
    Resize 4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Resize 5.jpg
    Resize 5.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 13

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
They are VERY pretty, but one thing to remember is these bulbs don't usually last long, and are very hot, so sometimes wiring can become an issue,

as I bought them for my neon when it was new (not the SRT-4)
and it had fried every wire (burnt them) right at the location where they plug in,
warranty di not want to replace them, but did :biggthump

So Becareful !!

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Susie, the wattage is similar to stock. Why would they run hotter? You are worrying me.... :D

Cliff, I've used these lights on a few cars without issues.

What you have to be careful with is the wattage you're installing. For example the 9007's come in low wattage (55w/65w, low/high) and high wattage (80w/100w, low/high). If your using the low wattage version, you will not have any problems. Also if they're not as bright as the stock one's, most likely you are using the low wattage version.

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
so you're saying they're dimmer than stock but you're running them anyway because they have more blue? :dunno:

cliff you're dangerously close to riceboy behavior here... :nono:

if i see you running led windshield squirters im calling the cobra police.

LMAO!!! What ya gonna do... What ua gonna do when the cobra police come for you. :laughing2

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
LOL Dimmer/brighter... is in the eye of the beholder.

Blue or white is dependant on the tempature you select. I use 4200 which is mostly clear white and I think Cliff is using something similar.

Tim when I see you, I'm going to drive behind you with my brights on

:joke:

BTW, Good rap. :headbang:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
so you're saying they're dimmer than stock but you're running them anyway because they have more blue? :dunno:

cliff you're dangerously close to riceboy behavior here... :nono:

if i see you running led windshield squirters im calling the cobra police.

John, the bulbs are just so bling-a-licious. Yum. :D

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
rcrx66 said:
Cliff, I've used these lights on a few cars without issues.

What you have to be careful with is the wattage you're installing. For example the 9007's come in low wattage (55w/65w, low/high) and high wattage (80w/100w, low/high). If your using the low wattage version, you will not have any problems. Also if they're not as bright as the stock one's, most likely you are using the low wattage version.

They are the lower wattage bulbs. 55w/65w. I'm working tonight so I'll get a chance to try them out in the middle of the night after work.

Edit- You know, I think with some rewiring, the higher wattage lights would work. Hmmm. I wonder who could design such a rewiring kit. ;)

Edit-Edit- For off road use only, of course.... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info