• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First time at the track!!!

SLVR03

Aug 7, 2005
rcrx66 said:
With the Nittos should be getting better 60 ft times and it will improve your e.t.

Your mph is there for low 12's. :headbang:
Thats what I thought, but I couldn't launch very high, otherwise my tires would spin. I noticed that when I got the 1.9 60ft that they had just sprayed vht down. But I couldn't beat that time. And trust me when I say that I "heated" up the tires plenty. I was running the nitto's at 27psi (cold)..... Do you guys think that is too high? What should be my 60 ft? Also I am not getting any wheel hop... Should I be worried about breaking axles, etc? Sorry for all of the questions at once

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
SLVR03 said:
Thats what I thought, but I couldn't launch very high, otherwise my tires would spin. I noticed that when I got the 1.9 60ft that they had just sprayed vht down. But I couldn't beat that time. And trust me when I say that I "heated" up the tires plenty. I was running the nitto's at 27psi (cold)..... Do you guys think that is too high? What should be my 60 ft? Also I am not getting any wheel hop... Should I be worried about breaking axles, etc? Sorry for all of the questions at once

27 psi is way too high. I always start at 18 psi and go from there (less air). My buddy ran his 04 a week ago at GLD with 18 psi, launched at 5000 rpm (all hook, no spin) and was getting 1.69 through 1.72 60 foot times. As far as heating up the tires make sure you back into the water and once they start smoking they're good to go. No smoke show needed.

Keep practicing and you'll get it. We should all hook up at the track :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info