• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is it normal to...........

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, alot of people get scared and think they blew an FRPS just because some people have. I have bounced off the rev limiter 20 or so times and according to the perfect idling/running of my car (along with proper fuel pressure readings) the car is fine. If your car dies after you bounce off the rev limiter and/or runs like shit, then you busted an FRPS. Until then, happy rev limiter bouncing!!

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
cobravenom39 said:
Yeah, alot of people get scared and think they blew an FRPS just because some people have. I have bounced off the rev limiter 20 or so times and according to the perfect idling/running of my car (along with proper fuel pressure readings) the car is fine. If your car dies after you bounce off the rev limiter and/or runs like shit, then you busted an FRPS. Until then, happy rev limiter bouncing!!
Agreed. I think most FRPS failures are a result of another fuel system issue. I blew one, but that was before I knew that Ford had installed Mustang GT fuel pumps in my Cobra from the factory. :eek:

Since the replacement of the FRPS (and the pumps), I have hit the rev limiter at least a dozen times, and no issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info