• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which Optima Batteries?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Well I have let my battery almost completely die the first year I owned the car. If I don't have it connected to the battery tender, within a week it reads red/yellow.

Now I am wondering if my problems are related to voltage. The first year I stored the car, it just sat with the stock battery connected for 4 months or so. Maybe every month or so, I would just go and start the car for 5 minutes, then leave.

After that, there was a time I was pulling to redline and the battery light came on and the car died momentarily but it started itself back up.

Now I am looking at Optima red top batteries, I am just confused because there are several different 12V ones. I know I want the one with just the terminal on TOP, but then there are a couple different ones of those too, like 34, 34R, 35 ... etc

I know my alternator may be a problem too, since I am running a 6# lower now and a 3.2 alt pulley

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I'd definitely get your electrical issues resolved before trying to get the car tuned again. A couple threads on ModFords about poor voltage and the resultant effect on the fuel pumps' ability to supply fuel properly (and the tune to be able to maintain the proper A/F).

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I've had issues with this car from day 1. I think I am going to set it on fire.

gnxs said:
I'd definitely get your electrical issues resolved before trying to get the car tuned again. A couple threads on ModFords about poor voltage and the resultant effect on the fuel pumps' ability to supply fuel properly (and the tune to be able to maintain the proper A/F).

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Jay Vicious said:
:laughing2

Larry, making the funnies???

I just bought the yellow top, I figured with all the talk of voltage drop b/c of alternators, the deep cycle would probably maintain a more constant power level than just a starting battery (red top). Plus the yellow top was more expensive and I usually buy the best.

That's why I got the Kenne Bell!!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
cobravenom39 said:

I just bought the yellow top, I figured with all the talk of voltage drop b/c of alternators, the deep cycle would probably maintain a more constant power level than just a starting battery (red top). Plus the yellow top was more expensive and I usually buy the best.

You'll have to prove that last statement to me tomorrow. ;)

Anything that helps you maintain good, constant voltage is a good idea. Plus you've got a whole A/V demo room in your car that probably needs alot of juice. :biggthump

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
cobravenom39 said:

and you'll still get beat by a NON ported NON aftermarket BLower car :lmao:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info