• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Who can tell me why its doing this..

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
gnxs said:
Maybe you left that 3" extension inside the blower. :eek:

Seriously, that doesn't sound good. Not as bad as the knock I had with my first (defective) Whipple, but close. I might still have the audio file from my knocking Whipple at home. If I do, I'll send it to ya.

I didnt know your on your second Whipple Larry , bad rotors or bearings??

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Mike, you have to track down where the sound is coming from. I'm hoping it's not the blower rotors. Take a big screwdriver and use it like a stethoscope [unless you have a stethoscope, then use it]. Touch the metal end to the blower while the handle is in your ear. Watch out for loose clothing or anything catching in the belt. You will be able to hear much better and hopefully be able to figure out where the noise is coming from.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Mike, you have to track down where the sound is coming from. I'm hoping it's not the blower rotors. Take a big screwdriver and use it like a stethoscope [unless you have a stethoscope, then use it]. Touch the metal end to the blower while the handle is in your ear. Watch out for loose clothing or anything catching in the belt. You will be able to hear much better and hopefully be able to figure out where the noise is coming from.

Cliff,

I believe Mike said he had a mechanic at work with an auto stethescope isolate the sound location already.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
VenomInside said:
The tech said there is a lot of "disturbance" from both the tensioner and the snout/rotors in the kb..

If the blower is bad :fingerx: hope its not! :fingerx:

Then what am i going to do..

But yea, thats where it was coming from.

It looked to me like the sound got louder when the camera approached the blower itself. Can you e-mail the clip to Kenne Bell and see what they think?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
The tech said there is a lot of "disturbance" from both the tensioner and the snout/rotors in the kb..

If the blower is bad :fingerx: hope its not! :fingerx:

Then what am i going to do..

But yea, thats where it was coming from.

If it winds up being bad I would have Eric deal with KB. I believe he's got a good relationship with them and can probably get further than you can.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
see this is why I don't drive my car ... you're a perfect example :biggthump

Mike, if you don't ever drive it because you are worried about problems or things breaking, why have the car in the first place? We need to get you out to MSC4. :headbang:

I give Mikey credit for being so gung-ho with his car. He's like a guy riding a mountain bike down a steep hill. It keeps going faster and faster and he has no way of stopping or avoiding obstacles, but Oh, man what a ride.... :clap:

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Mike, if you don't ever drive it because you are worried about problems or things breaking, why have the car in the first place? We need to get you out to MSC4. :headbang:

I give Mikey credit for being so gung-ho with his car. He's like a guy riding a mountain bike down a steep hill. It keeps going faster and faster and he has no way of stopping or avoiding obstacles, but Oh, man what a ride.... :clap:

i think hes going up a steep hill and roling backwards all the time :(

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
After I had my blower ported last summer, the car was running lean (13's? you saw the dyno sheet!) I still haven't gotten a new tune but I have a upper lower pulley combo.

Would you be driving your cobra if it was running lean with a bunch of mods and stock tune? I don't think so ... :) I haven't used boost in over year .. I actually DID use boost after my accufab install and that's when I had that massive backfire on the highway.

It is getting tuned first thing in September, then I can actually start driving the damn car again. I put 7000 miles on car with my first year of ownership.

Flyn high again said:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info