• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Would appreciate your input on this...

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Hello Everyone - I posted this on SVT.com, but would also appreciate your input...

I have a 03 Cobra w/ a catback exhaust and k/n filter - silencer removed. The car has 10,000 miles on it and a new driver side head was put on a 7,000 miles to resolve the head tick issue.

The car is daily driven and I use 5w 30 Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

When warming up in the garage, you can hear it knocking / piston slapping down by the street (normal size driveway).

Does you Cobra piston slap that loud, or am I nearing the point to taking the car to the dealer due to excessive piston wear / need a rebuild?

If you feel it needs to be taken in, is there any documentation online to support my claim so that they do not attempt to blow smoke up my ass?

Thanks

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info