• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ok so i guess powershifting is a nono

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
HAHA!

Anyways, my 3rd gear is essentially gone after last nights racing... so...

I was talking with some people, and they say that you should NEVER EVER power shift... and all along I thought that when racing, thats what you want to do to get the most speed (by when shifting, your rpm's are going to land right in the power band for the next gear) and they say that I would not have jacked my stock T45 tranny (for my 01) if all i did was let off the gas a LITTLE before i shifted...

I powershift all the time from 1-2 when racing, but from 2-3 its harder because i have to move the stick up and to the right, so i usually let off the gas a little (i guess) but thats the gear thats messed up (grinds bad every time if i shift it into 3rd, unless if i let the rpms drop ALL THE WAY DOWN)

Can someone explain to me what is the way to shift when racing, yet the most least-hurtful way etc....

I am now getting a built T56 (i believe) im talking to a few guys around here on for someone to build me one (I will get a call within a week) and i am definately not going to powershift anymore, but i know when i was at the track it dropped my times alot so.... :crying:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info