• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno runs

Cobra99

Go Big or Go Home
May 11, 2005
Algonquin
:dunno: Well I got my car back from being tuned at Street Stuff. Got it back and is now running close to 13 on the A/F. HP is at 288 and TQ is at 291
How are those number compared to other NA 99 Cobras?
All I have done it mid pipe, cat back and intake. I really want to get the car at 300 hp and at like 305 tq. What can I to get that without spending a lot?

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Cobra99 said:
:dunno: Well I got my car back from being tuned at Street Stuff. Got it back and is now running close to 13 on the A/F. HP is at 288 and TQ is at 291
How are those number compared to other NA 99 Cobras?
All I have done it mid pipe, cat back and intake. I really want to get the car at 300 hp and at like 305 tq. What can I to get that without spending a lot?

Dude those numbers are so low. I dont know what the deal is with that. With midpipe, catback, intake and tune you should be well over 300. Anyways I wouldn't take my car to get it tuned there, just my opinion.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
blew by u 2 said:
Those numbers aren't bad, I just had mine tune and I am making 287 at the wheels with a cai, o/r x-pipe, and a 3" catback. The a/f is right at 11.5:1

Todd

Who tuned it? You should be at 13:1 on a n/a cobra. 11.5:1 is richer than almost all 03/03 cobras are tuned to.

Cobra99 on my 99 cobra with a prochamber, JBA cat back and CAI with tune I made 305rwhp. I can't remember if that was STD or SAE but even at STD the SAE would still be about 296. I believe it was SAE to start with though.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
1badass96gt said:
Who tuned it? You should be at 13:1 on a n/a cobra. 11.5:1 is richer than almost all 03/03 cobras are tuned to.

Cobra99 on my 99 cobra with a prochamber, JBA cat back and CAI with tune I made 305rwhp. I can't remember if that was STD or SAE but even at STD the SAE would still be about 296. I believe it was SAE to start with though.

he is mistaken... it is tuned at 13 to 1 and tapers to 12.7 to 1 at the top N/A.... on NOS, its at about 11.2 to 1 at peak cylinder pressure and gradually rises to about 11.7 to one at the top of the RPM range. Tuning an NOS car is NOTHING like a 03 blower car (or any blower car at all) as you have 1 big hit of power all at once... it doesnt build boost like a blower car so peak cylinder pressure is at a much lower RPM and thats where detonation can occur..

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
kurganmotorsports said:
Tuning an NOS car is NOTHING like a 03 blower car (or any blower car at all) as you have 1 big hit of power all at once... it doesnt build boost like a blower car so peak cylinder pressure is at a much lower RPM and thats where detonation can occur..

Oh yea I know what you mean, I was just saying if it was as rich as he said it was way rich. I was just using an 03 cobra as an example.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
1badass96gt said:
Oh yea I know what you mean, I was just saying if it was as rich as he said it was way rich. I was just using an 03 cobra as an example.

no prob..

i was just correcting his statement as I tuned the car...

I am not a firm believer in dyno numbers as the track is where the proof is.. Making dyno numbers inflated (not saying anyone does) is so easy but putting down a great ET/MPH is not so easy.. as long as you stay with the same dyno, you can always tell if you have picked up or lost power with changes.. i dont suggest switching between dynos as there is no repeatability..

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
kurganmotorsports said:
he is mistaken... it is tuned at 13 to 1 and tapers to 12.7 to 1 at the top N/A.... on NOS, its at about 11.2 to 1 at peak cylinder pressure and gradually rises to about 11.7 to one at the top of the RPM range. Tuning an NOS car is NOTHING like a 03 blower car (or any blower car at all) as you have 1 big hit of power all at once... it doesnt build boost like a blower car so peak cylinder pressure is at a much lower RPM and thats where detonation can occur..
Thanks Bob for correcting me, I don't know what I was thinking
Todd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info