• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

14mm bolt install-oil separator

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Cliff gave me a hand installing my oil separator and 14mm bolts for the IRS tonight. Bolts took 33 min including jacking up the car and lowering it and putting tools away, oh and a couple drinks of a beer.The separator took probably twice that, to make a clean looking install- the Steeda instructions were shitty.............Lyle

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I didn't think to bring my camera. Next time I have the camera by his car, I'll get some of the oil separator.

The bolts are just a matter of pulling the 12mm from the front of the IRS and replacing them with 14mm. We found if you jack up the IRS slightly with an upright 2 X 4 on the floor jack, you can get the height right for easy install. You may need to use a pry bar to get the front to back lined up. the holes must be lined up almost perfectly for the 14mm bolts to fit. That's probably why Ford used the 12s. Keep the assembly line moving. :rolleyes:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
Lyle,

Get me some pictures, I need to see this. It turns out I need an oil seperator for my Diff.

Vince
This isn't Lyle's car, but that is the seperator he has.

Steeda piece from Metric Motorsports.

555-3710-450.jpg

Dan

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
put this in your trunk and run the vent from the diff into it:

Yea, I found it @ Summit after you told me... Just trying to get idea's... I can get an air-line separator for free from work if I find a old decomishened(sp) machine... :alcoholic :dunno: :) I wonder if it would work just as well as the Moroso one?

A friend of mine told me he use to use a 3/4' line and it would drain right back down in the diff. He told me they have been known to use coffee cans. lol

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
Mystic Terminator said:
Yea, I found it @ Summit after you told me... Just trying to get idea's... I can get an air-line separator for free from work if I find a old decomishened(sp) machine... :alcoholic :dunno: :) I wonder if it would work just as well as the Moroso one?

A friend of mine told me he use to use a 3/4' line and it would drain right back down in the diff. He told me they have been known to use coffee cans. lol

can you imagine what your truck would smell like

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Jay Vicious said:
Very nice but i was wondering if we should be running 2 (one on each side)?
The other side is primarily the intake for the cranckcase vent system, so no, you would not need two.

Supposedly, on rare occasions where the crancase pressure excceds the flow that the primary one allows, the one on the passenger side will vent into the intake tube. This rarely happens and I don't think it is worth worrying about.

Dan

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
hah! ive seen crankcase pressures so high they blow the dipstick out, on pushrod engines.

Dana said:
The other side is primarily the intake for the cranckcase vent system, so no, you would not need two.

Supposedly, on rare occasions where the crancase pressure excceds the flow that the primary one allows, the one on the passenger side will vent into the intake tube. This rarely happens and I don't think it is worth worrying about.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info