• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Questons about WHIPPLE

B

Boost12

I just had some questons about the WHipple charger because Im planning on ordering it in the next 3 weeks or so if everything goes to plan. I talked to the guy on the phone and he said on the stock fuel system at 13psi I would make 600 at the wheels wich seemed really high to me for that boost level.. so I was just woundering what power could I expect with the Whipple at 13psi?? ALso he told me if I buy 60lb Injectors I can run like 17 on pump wich is what I would probly do cause its only like another 500 bucks but what power would the car make if it had the fuel and a good tune at 17 psi on the whipple??? Thanks much guys :confused: I cant wait to get this Blower on the car.. Say hello to 3rd gear pulls baby!!! :biggthump :biggthump

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
I'm no expert on this but used this site to calculate it out. http://www.superchargersonline.com/hp_calculator.asp It seemed pretty accurate. I would say 17lbs of boost would put you close, but surely not 13lbs. I used 300rwhp then added the boost levels on that site to find numbers. The other thing is you'll have to upgrade your fuel system to support that power. I don't know of anyone making it on the stock system, maybe someone else has heard of it being done though.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
You will NOT make 600rwhp at 13psi. I have a buddy (Paul from Steeda.ca) who runs 13psi on a stock fuel system and makes 545rwhp...his is the highest I have seen at that boost level.

To run 17psi safely I would suggest not only 60lb Injectors, but also a KenneBell BAP to add to the fuel system. A SCT MAF, MAFX, or MAFia will also be needed. A good tune on 17psi should net anywhere from 560rwhp-600rwhp depending on supporting mods and the agressiveness of the tune.

Cobratom

Regular
May 14, 2004
Boost12 said:
I just had some questons about the WHipple charger because Im planning on ordering it in the next 3 weeks or so if everything goes to plan. I talked to the guy on the phone and he said on the stock fuel system at 13psi I would make 600 at the wheels wich seemed really high to me for that boost level.. so I was just woundering what power could I expect with the Whipple at 13psi?? ALso he told me if I buy 60lb Injectors I can run like 17 on pump wich is what I would probly do cause its only like another 500 bucks but what power would the car make if it had the fuel and a good tune at 17 psi on the whipple??? Thanks much guys :confused: I cant wait to get this Blower on the car.. Say hello to 3rd gear pulls baby!!! :biggthump :biggthump

Im making 585rwhp and 532 lbft with the stock fuel system and a conservative tune. Have Whipple with 60lb injectors and Diablo Revolution Chip. No issues at all. Couldnt be happier.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
hj16 said:
You will NOT make 600rwhp at 13psi. I have a buddy (Paul from Steeda.ca) who runs 13psi on a stock fuel system and makes 545rwhp...his is the highest I have seen at that boost level.

To run 17psi safely I would suggest not only 60lb Injectors, but also a KenneBell BAP to add to the fuel system. A SCT MAF, MAFX, or MAFia will also be needed. A good tune on 17psi should net anywhere from 560rwhp-600rwhp depending on supporting mods and the agressiveness of the tune.

That pretty much sums it up. Hank is right on the money. 600 rwhp at 13 psi is pure fantasy.

For reference, I made 568 rwhp at 16.5 psi. John and Dana could chime in with their numbers. Also, 17 psi is about the max I would run on pure pump gas.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
15 1/2 # boost and a VERY conservative street tune, I did 566 to the wheels.

I also have Focus pumps, BAP and 60 # injectors and SCT MAF.

I have not had it back to the dyno to test out the revised race tune, but I'm guessing upwards of 600 with 17# and a mix of 100 and 93 octane.

If you are going to the expense of the new blower, I would recommend the fuel system upgrades and a SCT MAF.

Dana

B

Boost12

yea I figured that 600 WHP at 13 PSI was bullshit.. that guy was just trying to sell me his product. But when I do buy the Whipple I will most likely go ahead and do the fuel system as well. So you guys think 60LB Injectors a new mass AIR and that KB booster pump would be good? if I was ever to put race gas in and turn the boost to like 20psi or something how much power would that set up probuce..? I am asking because I would like to have the abilty if I wanted to make like 700hp to fill the tank with race gas and change the pullie out... But What is the stock cobra Internals good for with still being reliable??? thanks much guys im a newbie :headbang:

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Boost12 said:
so you think with like 110 Octane and 21 PSi would make close to 700 ?? And be safe on the motor???

Some guys have made well in excess of 700rwhp and held, others have let go quite a bit earlier. Its a crap shoot at that hp level. I personally would not turn it up that high unless I was finically ready to buy a shortblock. Thats just my opinion though.

B

Boost12

Yea your probly right.. I dont really wanna risk blowing the whole thing up for an extra 100 or so horse wich would probly be worthless anyways because It would spin so much in the lower gears. I think im just gonna do the whipple with the fuel upgrades and run like 16psi and maybe I will put cams in the car during the winter along with like a 30 shot to cool the blower.. what you think?? any ideas of any other set ups I could try??

Thanks

B

Boost12

HEy Chris I think I talked to you when My cousen got his Cobra Dynod and had pullies and some other stuff installed from speedinc like 2 weeks ago.. he had that black cobra with the SLP loudmouth... are you the same person we talked to outside before we left???

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I would suggest that you consider suspension mods before you worry about higher HP levels.
The stock suspension and tires are worthless without modifications.
They can't handle the stock 400 HP level and you want to add more?

600 HP does you no good if you can't get it to the ground.

Dana

B

Boost12

Dana said:
I would suggest that you consider suspension mods before you worry about higher HP levels.
The stock suspension and tires are worthless without modifications.
They can't handle the stock 400 HP level and you want to add more?

600 HP does you no good if you can't get it to the ground.

Dana

yea I know... This whole bigger blower thing is starting to become too pricey for me. I mean sure I can put the bligger blower on but If I dont spend the money in the right spots and do it right its not gonna do any good anyways. I have the 3 grand for the whipple but there is so much more to getting that set up to work right other than just the blower that I dident know about until I started reading more and more about it... Im gonna rethink this whole whipple thing and do suspension stuff first :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info