• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

our stock headers do suck!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Hans did it. Quality is great per Hans. Instructions say retorque after first 100 miles, but he thinks it won't be nescessary. DID NOT USE BOLTS THAT CAME WITH IT. the bolts that the headers come with suck, that's how they get loose on people constantly. Used the stock studs.

Jay Vicious said:
how long did it take you mike and quality of them, how often will you have to tighten them down ?

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
ChicagoMike said:
Hans did it. Quality is great per Hans. Instructions say retorque after first 100 miles, but he thinks it won't be nescessary. DID NOT USE BOLTS THAT CAME WITH IT. the bolts that the headers come with suck, that's how they get loose on people constantly. Used the stock studs.

hoe much was did he charge for the install if you cant show here pm me :biggthump

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
Boost12 said:
Dude Hans Kicks fucking ass!!! And his shop is only like 10 min from my house.. goodl old Elburn. I would recomend Hans to anyone with a Cobra.. hes very fair on price and does great work from what I know :biggthump

Yea but he has a over a bundence of people cars there for months :( , ive been comptiplating Dubs headers :biggthump

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Dude Jay if you want we can get headers done in one day its cake. I have done them 4 times on my own car. I have this down to an art now. Honestly with the right tools and if you are mechanically inclined we can even get it done in about 6 hours. Its really not that bad. Talk to me about this if you want.

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
svtcobra2k1 said:
Dude Jay if you want we can get headers done in one day its cake. I have done them 4 times on my own car. I have this down to an art now. Honestly with the right tools and if you are mechanically inclined we can even get it done in about 6 hours. Its really not that bad. Talk to me about this if you want.

Im thinking about it, ive done more LS1's then i want to think about right now, but i heard you have to drop the K mem and raise the motor and if thats the case then F*** that....

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
drop k member, yes. Raise motor, no. Dropping the k member is really easy its 8 bolts. I had my engine suspended by a little contraption I have from another member on here. Im telling you this is really not that hard. If you have done ls1 headers then this shoudl be cake.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
lol yeah maybe the first time it was a bitch but honestly jay its not bad. Im 17 years old and If I can do it 4 times then its not that bad. Yeah there are horror stories but its not that much work. This last time it took me 8 hours by myself. Dropping k by myself and all. This is including x pipe and catback too. If you can get a good deal on the headers by all means do it. Yeah it seems like a big job but man trust me its not bad at all. Out of the whole process dropping the k member is the hardest part. Once that is done all the bolts are clearly visible. Honestly you should do this if you can get a good deal on the headers, I got mine for 600 with x pipe. If you can get those for a similar price thats a good deal.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
yeah, drop the K and you have to hold the motor in the car. After you do that, it's a good idea to get the front end aligned because the whole front basically falls out and gets put back in.

You might want to consider other mods while the K member is out, like aftermarket K member (lighter), springs, isolaters, etc etc

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Best advice to ya's:

get on Hans' waiting list. Call him up (listed as Deans Truck Repair in Elburn in the yellow pages) and make a future appointment for a date to drop the car off.

He is a one man shop (just him) and he is overwhemled. He is going to have a website going up soon with prices and all. He did my suspension last year... and he did it all in one night, he stayed up and didn't sleep ... went to take him to breakfast the next morning and he was falling asleep in the car. Guy is addicted to working on cars!!! His work is super quality, he goes out of his way to make everything look real nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info