• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Boost gauge wiring question.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Brutal04 said:
I'm going to pick up an Autometer boost gauge & slap it in the pillar pod. Whats the best way to wire it? Can I (should I) tap into the stock boost gauge wiring right behind the cluster? :dunno:

By wiring, I assume you are referring to the connection for vacuum/boost?
If so, it is a mechanical gauge. It hooks up to a hose, not a wire.
You can find this hose behind the glove box, under the dash or under the hood. Many have just hooked in behind the glove compartment because it is easy access.

If you are talking about the lighting for the gauge, hook into the fuse for the dash lights under the dashboard by your left knee. I think it is either #20 or #39, I forget. The owners manual will tell you which it is though. You will need a fuse tap to install and connect it. It just piggy backs the new fuse onto the existing socket and supplies both.

Dan

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
cobravenom39 said:
Nice reply.

Hey anywho, I was wondering if putting the gauge in an a pillar could crimp the tube. Mine's in the A-pillar and I never read as much boost as I think I should. I had my 2.75 upper and only registered 12 lbs on a cold night.

When mine was kinked, I would only read like 5 inches of vacuum and maxed out at 10 lbs of boost.

Yes it can easily get pinched at the bottom of the pillar. You have to be careful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info