• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need O2 Wire Info ASAP!!

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Not sure if this helps, but this is all I know without looking through a wiring diagram:

From the Innovative Motorsports LM-1 Wideband Sensor Manual:

c. Vehicle has a 3-wire sensor:
Typically the 3 wires are: heater power, Ground, and sensor element connection. Generally they have 1 black wire and 2 white wires. Connect the black wire from the EFI computer to analog output 1 of the meter. Leave the other wires unconnected but make sure they cannot contact any metal parts or see above. If the wiring colors are different, then heater power can simply be determined by measuring the voltage on the wires when the engine is running. The wire showing 12V or more is the heater power. The sensor element connection voltage fluctuates around 0.45V when the car is warmed up. Wire analog output 1 directly to this wire. The Ground connection has low resistance to chassis ground (less than 1 Ohm). Measure while the engine is
off.

d. Vehicle has a 4-wire sensor
Typically the 4 wires are: heater power, heater ground, sensor ground, and sensor element connection. Proceed as for the 3-wire sensor.

I don't know what you're looking for as a "high" wire, but you'll need a multimeter to determine which one is running power (as specified in the above instructions).

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
ILLINI-SVT said:
Not sure if this helps, but this is all I know without looking through a wiring diagram:

From the Innovative Motorsports LM-1 Wideband Sensor Manual:

I don't know what you're looking for as a "high" wire, but you'll need a multimeter to determine which one is running power (as specified in the above instructions).

Very helpful.... Thanks :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info