• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Solid Axle?

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
VenomInside said:
If i were to would it be good or possible to get one out of a Mach 1/GT

You can swap but you end up with a bunch of dispoasble crap- I.E. stock control arms, trac loc, 28 spline axles- none of which will hold up to 03/04 Cobra power levels, AND you won't want stock GT gears or catback. The only thing you get to use will be the housing and about $500 bucks of Ford parts like brake brackets, ABS sensors, sway bar, etc. It might be worth it but once you swap you've really just begun.

If you buy all good stuff and don't cut any corners it will be north of 3 grand. There is no better start than Postbans blue pill. If you are interested I have a few more part numbers for the Ford stuff and there are a couple things not on his list that you might want. The swap itself is a piece of cake if you have all the right parts.

OR you can beef the IRS and keep the wheel hop, the clunk, the vibe, and the extra 120+ pounds. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info