• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Chrome hood vents - lets get them made!

M

Mad Max

I posted over on SVT forums and since I am relatively new to the Cobra, I do not know all the good vendors. So far I have not found what I am looking for.
I would like to replace the plastic hood vents with a nice chrome one. :headbang:
On the LS boards, when something was not available, if enough people showed interest, one of the vendors would manufacture the item and sell it.
Anyone else interested? :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I saw the thread on SVTP before and yes, we are thinking about making them. Coincidentally, I was already thinking about stainless steel mirror inserts for under the hood to show off the engines and look better than the hoods look with the blanket removed. Thin stainless mirror finish underneath and quick release stainless or brushed aluminum vents up top. Sound good?

Mad Max, if we make the vents, you get a free set since it was your idea.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Are they gonna have my idea on them also???

Flyn high again said:
I saw the thread on SVTP before and yes, we are thinking about making them. Coincidentally, I was already thinking about stainless steel mirror inserts for under the hood to show off the engines and look better than the hoods look with the blanket removed. Thin stainless mirror finish underneath and quick release stainless or brushed aluminum vents up top. Sound good?

Mad Max, if we make the vents, you get a free set since it was your idea.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I think it would be cooler to take the stock hood grills, cut out the plastic grill slits and put mesh similar to the upper/lower LDC mest inside them. THAT would be badass. I don't want anything chrome on my car except the wheels-IMO you might as well have a Virgin Mary sticker on the rear window with my last name in Caligraphy.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
10th03cobra said:
Are they gonna have my idea on them also???

I discussed it with Lyle and it may not be feasible to do an airfoil on the vents. It would take a lot of modification to get cool air flow coming in from the vents rather than hot air going out. It would be easier to put a ram air collector in the front just under the hood and channel cool air in that way..

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Mad Max said:
One of the guys on the SVT forums suggested that they could be made out of Billet Aluminum or Stainless Steel. With anodized colors possible. I agree. The Aluminum could be polished for those that want a shiny vent. :headbang:

We have to get our SS/black grilles out in production during the next week or two. After that we will explore the options with making SS/Aluminum vents. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Thanks Clifford!

I meant to have them have a airfoil on the top of them to create a larger vacum behind the vent thus pulling more hot air out of those vents. Not an intake.

Either way I will buy a set of them.

Flyn high again said:
I discussed it with Lyle and it may not be feasible to do an airfoil on the vents. It would take a lot of modification to get cool air flow coming in from the vents rather than hot air going out. It would be easier to put a ram air collector in the front just under the hood and channel cool air in that way..

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Willie said:
Just have our existing pieces chrome plated. Just one of several companies that do this:

http://www.atlaschrome.com/plastic.html

They can tint the chrome too!

Willie
Plus, another option is CHROME Automotive Paint,
it was on the ShelbyGR1 at the new car show, looks just like paint,
and it is in a base coat clear coat process :biggthump

I could paint them, for LDC :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
having something reflective angled towards the driver is dumb. there are sound fundamental reason why the brightwork around the windshield was eliminated about 30 years ago.

Yes, black plastic is cheaper. LOL!

How about eliminating the mirror finish stainless steel semi trailer doors? Ever follow a truck with the mirror doors with the sun behind you?

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
cobravenom39 said:
I think it would be cooler to take the stock hood grills, cut out the plastic grill slits and put mesh similar to the upper/lower LDC mest inside them. THAT would be badass. I don't want anything chrome on my car except the wheels-IMO you might as well have a Virgin Mary sticker on the rear window with my last name in Caligraphy.
Right on! What next Chrome Winshield Washer Sprayers?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info