• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trying to get Weld 15x10's on 03 Cobra...

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I just have a quick question. I have 15x10.5 Weld Prostars with the 275/50R/15 M/T Drag Radials that I used on my old 96 GT. I have been trying to sell them with no luck. So, since I can't sell them I want to use them on my 03 Cobra but I understand that they don't fit because of the IRS and I have to grind. My question is: What do I have to grind exactly? I really want these to work. Also, I have a H&R 30 mm spacer that I use for my current 17x10.5 03 Cobra rears, can I still use that same spacer or should I get a smaller one? Thanks for ANY help you can give.

-Mike

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Wiked03 said:
I thought at 15" rim required you to go with GT brakes. Or can you just grind down the stockers?
Y'see, therein lies the problem. I am getting mixed opinions...some say the 15's won't work, while others say they will with minor grinding....and so on. This is why I'm asking this question on every site, and I still can't get a clear-cut definitive answer...

-Mike

ILikeIt

Mar 2, 2004
I'am working on this right now ALUMA STAR 15x10 6 BS There are a few things in the way, toe link arm grind it away, big problem is where the brake line attaches to the caliper this has to come down at lest 1/4 in.and the bleeder cut a litttle off, not to big of a deal for me, not totally done yet but they are going on so help me god.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I don't know, after thinking about it...I don't really like the idea of grinding anything on my car. There has GOT to be a better solution. I still have a warranty and everything I've done so far is reversable, if I grind down calipers and God knows what else then my warranty is gone unquestionably. I've got the extended warranty too, 5 years or 75,000 miles...Anyone want to buy some 15x10 Weld Prostars with M/T Drag Radials with one pass on them??

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info