• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which Spark plugs?

Cobratom

Regular
May 14, 2004
CobraSusie said:
I m not worried about the price, I get a great discount....

I am thinking Denzo Iridium Plugs (as they added pick-up in the Explorer)

What is everyone's opinion on this? :dunno:

I installed a set of the Denzo Iridium plugs last year and really didnt notice any significant change over the stock plugs with the exception of a lighter wallet ($$)

After the Whipple install, almost everyone I spoke to recommended the NGK TR6's and told me to change them each season and they cost far less too.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
NTAGNIZ said:
Where can you pick up a set of TR6's I called Autozone and Advance and neither of them carry them?

We keep TR6's in stock and they are $2.49 a piece, which is about a dollar cheaper than you'll find at most places. We also have Denzo Iridium plugs in stock if that is what anyone prefers. If anyone needs a set let us know and we can get you taken care of.

Thanks
Kyle
www.suttonhp.com
708-720-8500

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I switched to the NGK TR6s and I recently noticed a few white specks on the #7 and #8 cylinder plugs. I also think the idle quality is a little worse with the NGKs on my car. I have a completely stock motor and stock Ford tune. I've decided to go back to the Motorcraft plugs [which are pretty good plugs to start with].

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Jay Vicious said:
Cliff i wouldnt worry about plugs until you throw that ported B and pulley on :D then the NGK's will be fine!

I know. I just don't like white specks on the porcelain. I don't see how I could have detonation with the stock tune but the specks are troubling. For the time being, the stock plugs will go back in.

Lyle and I were just talking about what a Snow Performance methane injection kits would do to a ported/pullied Cobra. :slomo:

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Gapped at .038.

I am wondering if the engine may have detonated a little when it was overheating on me a few weeks ago. That's entirely possible. Regardless, I like the idle quality with the stock plugs better [on my car]. I'll switch to Denso or NGK or whatever after the port and pulley.

not sure if that is a cause of your minor detonating :dunno: could be ask Larry im pretty sure he should know

Susie--
I have a set of Denso IT22 if you want them 25.00. They only have about 200mi on them. I gapped them with a gap tool-NOT a coin gapper as you will screw up the electrode if you do.
I switched to TR6s when I upped the boost. Im going to go with the BR7s with the KB...........................3 more weeks..........................Lyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info