• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

For anyone looking into Snow's Meth kit..

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Here..

Meth1.jpg

Meth2.jpg

Meth3.jpg

meth4.jpg

meth5.jpg

sc555an.jpg

scan066001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

The test was done on a 04 comp orange Cobra.. w/ a whipple and some other mods..

The gains [if u look @ the dyno chart] were 66.12

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Snow kits are great kits. The problem I have seen (remember I'm not the most techinally knowledgeable so I may be wrong) is that the intake temp on most bolt on 03/04 cobras is not high enough to get the advertised gains. When you see a car with 200+ intake temps the kit will be awesome. The new cobras have awesome heat exchangers for the most part stock and temps I think average in the 110 range. These kits can only knock so much off that number to make gains. I have never seen a near stock cobra or heard of one making the kind of gains the magazine makes. On a vorteched car I have seen a 70rwhp gain but the cars intake temps were way higher than a mostly stock cobra. Its just what I have seen so far, right or wrong.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
$399. Mike has the kit on his car and probably gets the great gains he does because he doesn't have an intercooler.

1badass96GT is right in that the Cobra has a very effective intercooler, but IAT2 temps can range in the mid 150-160 range after a pull or two on the street. I'd guess 35-50 rwhp if you got a good tuner to take full advantage of the unit.

I think it "might" be a better investment to buy the Snow kit rather than upgrade the H/E. :dunno:

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
gnxs said:
$399. Mike has the kit on his car and probably gets the great gains he does because he doesn't have an intercooler.

1badass96GT is right in that the Cobra has a very effective intercooler, but IAT2 temps can range in the mid 150-160 range after a pull or two on the street. I'd guess 35-50 rwhp if you got a good tuner to take full advantage of the unit.

I think it "might" be a better investment to buy the Snow kit rather than upgrade the H/E. :dunno:

What do you think about using it w/o a tune and just keeping the timing stock? Will it lower IAT2 temps to help an engine not to overheat on a hot day of tracking? That is the problem I have @ the track, I go into limp mode and I have stock pulley and Gords H/E...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Mystic Terminator said:
What do you think about using it w/o a tune and just keeping the timing stock? Will it lower IAT2 temps to help an engine not to overheat on a hot day of tracking? That is the problem I have @ the track, I go into limp mode and I have stock pulley and Gords H/E...

You would get a cooler intake charge but I'm not sure if a tune would be necessary even if you don't up the timing. Maybe you could give Snow a call and ask them?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:

I'm not sure what triggers "limp mode" (I suspect it's a combination of readings), but if IAT2 is a culprit, yes it would help.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Mystic Terminator said:

This is exactly what I was thinking ????? If you could use it to cool the intake charge as well as provide a higher octane level to ward off detonation without tuning ?????

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
What if I told you I saw a car on a dyno and they COULD NOT get it to work???
It's true, and I think it's because if the intake temps as mentioned before, I don't know, but if I can tell the story correctly I will, it's just that right now I don't know why, or if the problem was resolved.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
so basically dennis, they could not find a way for it to work. But in which way, mechanically or for it to actually prove useful?

What I heard was it was "ineffective" which is why I reffered to the possibility of the IAT not being hot enough to be effective. I am waiting for an email and permission to elaborate now.

I only started this to keep us informed since I want one also, but I think nitrous would be better, just using a 50 shot most of the time and then having a tune with a 100 shot for that one Ahole I may need it for.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Since 1964 said:
What I heard was it was "ineffective" which is why I reffered to the possibility of the IAT not being hot enough to be effective. I am waiting for an email and permission to elaborate now.

I only started this to keep us informed since I want one also, but I think nitrous would be better, just using a 50 shot most of the time and then having a tune with a 100 shot for that one Ahole I may need it for.

i heard that our temps do not reach the amont of heat needed to actually gain/cool anything for it to be worth while.. they say its better to run nitrous or get a aftermarket HE.

Randy@SuttonHp

Regular
Mar 11, 2004
Since 1964 said:
What if I told you I saw a car on a dyno and they COULD NOT get it to work???
It's true, and I think it's because if the intake temps as mentioned before, I don't know, but if I can tell the story correctly I will, it's just that right now I don't know why, or if the problem was resolved.

Dennis
STAY TUNED!!!
More info to come very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info