• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno Numbers - Any Ideas????

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Kinda disappointed any feedback or ideas on whats going on. I will have more info tomorrow when I pick her up. Is my car just a pussy, is something wrong, or do you think the hot temps caused the low numbers.

478 rwhp / 500 tq
shop temp 98 degress
intake temps 129 at 6500 rpms
11.5 a/f
TQ never really goes below 450
HP levels off around 5800rpm

Mods done to car:
Stegiermier Stage three ported blower throttle body and inlet
Stock mass air meter
Diablosport MAFia – mass air extender
Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
Magnaflow High Flow Catted X-pipe
Kenne Bell 40 amp Boost a Pump with wiring upgrade and adjustable HOB
60lb injectors and harnesses
Billetflow 2.93 upper pulley
Billetflow idler set – 3 100mm, 1 92mm
Metco 4lb lower crank pulley
Metco alternator pulley
JLT high boost cold air kit with 12” filter
LFP heat exchanger
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs gapped to .36 per

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
if speed did it, they use SAE correction.. that read about 20hp lower then STD correction that people are so accustomed to sharing on this website. Also, 98 degrees in the shop would KILL power. I know this because I have tune a total of 8cars in the last 2 weekends at speed inc and the numbers have been lower then normal because of the heat.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I am hoping it is a heat issue. Jon said I can bring it back for a few pulls when it cools down to get my trophy dyno sheet.

kurganmotorsports said:
if speed did it, they use SAE correction.. that read about 20hp lower then STD correction that people are so accustomed to sharing on this website. Also, 98 degrees in the shop would KILL power. I know this because I have tune a total of 8cars in the last 2 weekends at speed inc and the numbers have been lower then normal because of the heat.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Heat is definately a factor...although those are still low IMO.

For comparisons sake, my car made 473/466 SAE at Speed Inc last Summer when it was mid 90s and I rolled straight onto the dyno for tuning ...aka... hot as a mother fucker

kurganmotorsports said:
if speed did it, they use SAE correction.. that read about 20hp lower then STD correction that people are so accustomed to sharing on this website
Ahem. People can use whatever correction factor they'd like. Just about everyone who got tuned at Sutton puts both correction factors up. Jacks car made 495rwhp SAE with the same combo except less boost. And a 2.93/Steggy/4lb car should be making 510/510 SAE...as is quite the norm across the country. Sorry, that comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Slippage and heat is where I would think a lot of power is being lost. 98 degrees is hot, and I know my car tries to pull timing when it gets that hot out. I'd ask what timing it has, and check the a/f as long as those are fine when the temps go down and the belt isn't slipping you'll get the numbers you want.

I'd keep the low dyno numbers and go tell people how good a driver I am when you make awesome pass for that hp. Just joking, but no really I'm serious. lol

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Could it have anything to do with the fact you are running cats? I know they are the High Flow ones but still? Not sure but thought I would throw that out there. I am not running any cats at all. Just the MAC Pro Chamber and the other mods in my sig.

It does sound low to me to compared to others. But then again I am really new to all of this still and may be talking out my ass. Not sure which it is right now.

Matt

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I know I shouldn't have sold you my magic pulleys...

SALEENstang96 said:
Don't say that, there is no such thing as a weak 03/04 Cobra....ha ha..you're funny. :laughing2 Either way, I'll let the people who know better field this question. Good luck. ...humph, weak 03 Cobra...you silly goose, you crack me up.........

-Mike

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Belt slip - probably not with all the idlers you have and the lower pulley.
Hot temp - most likey cause
New K&N filter and I did not oil it - shouldn't have to oil a new filter
Some kinda leak or something overlooked - I woudl check everything obvious, but don't go crazy... there is likely nothing wrong

As everyone has sai, the heat probably played a big factor.

just get that puppy to the track and see whats what... :D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
SALEENstang96 said:
Somethingis definately wrong. I have only the pulley and idlers you sold me, UPR cold-air kit, and a Borla Stinger exhaust and I'm making 468.56 hp and 497.16 tq. You should be over 500 rwhp...! Who did the tune??

-Mike

Not really, convert your #'s to SAE (like Jeff's are), then you can compare apples to apples.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
kurganmotorsports said:

I agree. Also, 11.5 is a very safe A/F. I bet 11.9-12.0 might have gotten you another 15-20 rwhp (even in the heat), but with some added risk.

I wouldn't get too disheartened until you dyno in good air. Take it to the track and run against some guys with 500rwhp STD, I'll wager you'd fare pretty well.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
hj16 said:
Heat is definately a factor...although those are still low IMO.

For comparisons sake, my car made 473/466 SAE at Speed Inc last Summer when it was mid 90s and I rolled straight onto the dyno for tuning ...aka... hot as a mother fucker

Ahem. People can use whatever correction factor they'd like. Just about everyone who got tuned at Sutton puts both correction factors up. Jacks car made 495rwhp SAE with the same combo except less boost. And a 2.93/Steggy/4lb car should be making 510/510 SAE...as is quite the norm across the country. Sorry, that comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

I think Bob's comments were in reply to Mike (saleenstang96) posting his numbers as a comparison (and the ones he quoted were STD).

Yes Jeff's numbers should be higher, but if you're gonna make comparisons do it "apples-to apples". Sorry for all my replies to this thread, but me and Jeff discussed this yesterday and then me and Carl did again last night.

Jeff,

If you're really concerned you could go to the 7/16/05 Dyno day. I'm sure cars with similar combinations will by dynoing that you could compare yourself against under equal conditions. :dunno:

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Jeffs car is weak.......Jeffs car is weak.........lol Sorry man, I had to. I wouldn't worry about it though. Any blower car in 90 + degree weather is gonna loose power, period. Nothing you can do about it. I bet if it was in the 60's or 70's you would have been at the 500+ mark easily. Now we will finally get to see you stand on it instead of just making a lot of noise!!! :headbang: :biggthump

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
HP and TQ numbers mean shit, its all about the ET's and Times baby :biggthump , but with a 4 lower & 2.93 upper and port should see 505 HP, but yea 98* is a killer...if i remember reading at SVTP before i got band that a Steig port gained 30+ hp and 0 TQ is that truth or lies??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info