• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installed Accufab T/B today - good results. Tip in / tuning ?'s inside.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I installed the polished Accufab throttle body and inlet today. The install was very simple, except I stripped one of the screws that hold the TPS, so I had to go and buy another TPS because I didnt feel like screwing with it I know, I am lazy. Got the TB on and I had the high idle, adjusted the screw a bit and now it idles like stock. My SOTP meter did not really feel much of a difference, even on the top end, but I was ready for that. The pedal is a wee bit sensitive it feels like it goes to WOT when the pedal is moved about inch. Kinda weird at first and had to feel it out but I can see how this will be good at the strip. Sorry to ramble on.....I do have a few questions now.

1) Concerning "tip in" air / fuel , I am wondering if an updated tune from HBH with a few tweaks could give me the 10 or 15 HP that can be had with the T/B and tune adjustments?

Obviously, this thing flows more air, so I would think that my A/F would be leaner, but some say that, since I now have a lean tip in, the EEC5 will compensate by dumping a bunch of fuel in there, and all the potential power gains of the increased airflow are lost due to the added fuel. Is this true?? Or is my car leaned simply because of increased airflow. I do have a tune from HBH, would the EEC still dump fuel in there, even with a custom tune??

Would there be benefits of an updated tune, (this is the only change since my car was tuned), or should I just sit on this tune for a bit? Any thoughts?? Thanks

Jason

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
There might be slight benefits of an updated tune, but I wouldnt touch it considering you just had a street tune done and you arent adding much. If memory serves me right Hermann usually goes a little fat on his tunes, so there shouldnt be concern of it being lean anywhere.

Refarding not feeling the 10-15 claimed HP. Some people have gone and had theirs run back to back with just a TB/Plenum addition, some even with updated tunes and seen 0rwhp, and some have even lost rwtq. While others have gained 20rwhp. But they all agree its main benefit is vastly improved throttle response. Even without gaining power the response alone will give you some extra oomph.

Hopefully some guys with more experience chime in...hell, maybe somebody who actually has a single blade TB :p

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
hj16 said:
There might be slight benefits of an updated tune, but I wouldnt touch it considering you just had a street tune done and you arent adding much. If memory serves me right Hermann usually goes a little fat on his tunes, so there shouldnt be concern of it being lean anywhere.

Refarding not feeling the 10-15 claimed HP. Some people have gone and had theirs run back to back with just a TB/Plenum addition, some even with updated tunes and seen 0rwhp, and some have even lost rwtq. While others have gained 20rwhp. But they all agree its main benefit is vastly improved throttle response. Even without gaining power the response alone will give you some extra oomph.

Hopefully some guys with more experience chime in...hell, maybe somebody who actually has a single blade TB :p

Thanks Hank! I actually took it for a spin out to G & S and put some miles on it, and its feeling pretty stout! Raced a bike from a 25 roll and hung around for a gear and a half. Cant wait to get back to the track. I cant believe how sensitive the pedal is, it almost feels like its WOT or nothing. Just have to get used to it I guess.

My main tuning concern is that I may be running a bit rich. A few well informed people have told me that since there is a lean tip in, the EEC throws extra gas into the tune to compensate for the temporary lean condition. But then again, maybe the extra fuel is necessary to keep the A/F at a safe level :dunno: Who knows, guess I need to do a dyno run or two and get some A/F numbers. I havent dynoed in a while and I have made some changes. Would be nice to see some new numbers. Whos got a dyno and an A/F sensor that reads through a bung, not at the tailpipe....Speed Inc??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JA$ON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list