• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Accufab T/B questions - Any change in boost with added CFM?

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Hello , I've got a few quick questions about the Accufab TB. I have my mods in my sig , and after I added a MAggie X pipe, I lost another PSI of boost. Now I see from 12-13.5 PSI depending on the weather, and I think the TB may be a restriction at this point, I'm running a big ol 10" powerstack that seems to flow pretty good, and now I have a 2.76, catted X, and cat back so back pressure is definitely down. I know high PSI isnt always good, but boost is fun so I think an Accufab TB would give a nice gain at this point along with throttle response.

Also, what effect does the Accufab TB have on boost. Would the greater airflow in 1700 CFM vs 1200 CFM stock, possibly raise my boost level, or would it not be affected. Anyone see any significant change in boost level after adding the TB???

Thanks

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
That's right i think, my mistake. from stock to CAI I think there were reports of a tad more boost. I know porting the blower results in less boost. What about less backpressure/open exhaust ... does that drop the boost level at all?

hj16 said:
Adding the TB will raise your boost a tad. Any intake mod that lessens the restriction of incoming air will result in more boost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info