• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Alternator goes bad-CAR FREAKS???

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Holy Smokes Batman what an experience this was.

Sunday night at like 9:30PM. First I lost power and progressively couldn't manage more than 2000RPMs. My ABS light came on, I tried the brakes and it was true...no ABS and then the car was spazzing out, all the needles flipped to full and back, lights came on that made no sense. I pulled into a parking lot and shut it off. 10 minutes later it starts and seems fine for like 1-2 minutes and that same toubles start all over again. The car was freaked, it's funny but of course it SUCKED because I was stranded, although only 3 miles from home.

I called Apple Towing (PLUG) and sent it from Hickory Hills, IL to Terry's in Peotone, IL.....HINT HINT (PLUG AGAIN) and they fixed it all under warranty....EVEN THE TOWING...NO BS "We can only credit you to the nearest dealer" crap. That tow bill alone is 160.00. It took until today Tuesday to get my new alternator in. Can't wait to pick it up and bring it home.

:laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :cool2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Since 1964
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list