• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone in the Chicago area do the retain accessory power mod?

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
Hey im Shane, I have an 03 tenth. It isnt really a mod, but I am looking to tap into the power for the radio and windows for after I turn the car off, I want them to stay on like GM till I remove the key. I looked into it a while back when I had the Lightning, so I'm pretty sure it can be done. (can anyone confirm that?)
Anyone have any info on it, or done anything like this to their car?
Thanks, Shane

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Shanezam203 said:
Hey im Shane, I have an 03 tenth. It isnt really a mod, but I am looking to tap into the power for the radio and windows for after I turn the car off, I want them to stay on like GM till I remove the key. I looked into it a while back when I had the Lightning, so I'm pretty sure it can be done. (can anyone confirm that?)
Anyone have any info on it, or done anything like this to their car?
Thanks, Shane

I would like to do the same thing. Maybe a timer w/ 30 seconds on a relay like my last car. Gave me 30 seconds to close the windows with the key out. If I do it I'll post a how to.

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
Yeah if you do it on your car, and you wouldnt mind helping me I would appreciate it. Or just pass the info on, we'll get it done somehow.
Anyone else have any suggestions? I wouldnt mind even calling up a stereo install shop and seeing if they know how to do something like this. (for the radio and windows both)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shanezam203
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list