• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My knob is loose

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I have an MGW shifter with the red handle. It's a great piece of hardware, but I can't seem to get the stock shifter knob back on tight.

I have it down as far as it will go. It's bottomed out and pressing against the leather shift boot. I can't tighten it down another turn.

Is there some trick to getting these things tight or should I just try a bit of threadlock on it?

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
nytebyte said:
I have an MGW shifter with the red handle. It's a great piece of hardware, but I can't seem to get the stock shifter knob back on tight.

I have it down as far as it will go. It's bottomed out and pressing against the leather shift boot. I can't tighten it down another turn.

Is there some trick to getting these things tight or should I just try a bit of threadlock on it?
Gee, thats sounds like a personal problem :p :dunno: :joke:

Seriously now, some small washers underneath the knob, as well as
some (BLUE locktite) should do the trick, RED is alot stronger, but you may never get the handle back off w/o messing it up :biggthump

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Ok, all you filthy minded individuals! :D

I finally got my knob nice and tight by using a couple of washers underneath the shift boot. That way the shaft is not as long and it allows the knob to bottom out sooner and tighten up. It now has a much better feel (at least that's what all the girls tell me).

Susie's idea worked.

See, all it takes is the right words from the right lady to tighten up your knob! ;)

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
nytebyte said:
Ok, all you filthy minded individuals! :D

I finally got my knob nice and tight by using a couple of washers underneath the shift boot. That way the shaft is not as long and it allows the knob to bottom out sooner and tighten up. It now has a much better feel (at least that's what all the girls tell me).

Susie's idea worked.

See, all it takes is the right words from the right lady to tighten up your knob! ;)
:clap: Hahahaha Well, I am glad that I could help :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info