• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SLP Line Lock Install and Power Brake Bleeders

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
I am getting ready to install my line lock and SS front brake lines. I am going to buy a Power Brake Bleeder, specifically the Motive Products found on page 223 in the latest Summit catalog. I forgot to look this morning before I left for work but could someone tell me if we have a 2 prong or 3 prong cap on the master cylinder?

Also, with the SLP kit is it mandatory to bleed the master cylinder? What about the ABS Module? I plan on flushing the entire brake system and just want to know if there are any other bleeders I need to worry about beside the calipers.

Joe

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
JPKII said:
I am getting ready to install my line lock and SS front brake lines. I am going to buy a Power Brake Bleeder, specifically the Motive Products found on page 223 in the latest Summit catalog. I forgot to look this morning before I left for work but could someone tell me if we have a 2 prong or 3 prong cap on the master cylinder?

Also, with the SLP kit is it mandatory to bleed the master cylinder? What about the ABS Module? I plan on flushing the entire brake system and just want to know if there are any other bleeders I need to worry about beside the calipers.

Joe

I had sutton install my line-lock.. ask doug..

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
JPKII said:

Joe

instructions are here: http://www.slponline.com/inst/M25000.pdf

I'm pretty sure I remember that you do not have to bleed the master cylinder on the Cobra/Mach1

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
Thanks for the info. I should be getting ready to tackle this soon. I'll post a product review of the Motive Power Brake Bleeder when I am done. I just got it last night from Summit. My initial impression is this thing is going to rock. It's a very sturdy piece and for someone thay may flush their brake system regularly this might be a great help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JPKII
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list