• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gauge Question - Need help

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
03'CobraVert-10th said:
I'm looking to buy a real water temperature gauge. Should I buy electric or mechanical? Quick overview on install? :dunno:

Mechanical is considered more reliable/accurate from what I have read provided you don't ruin the capilary bulb during installation. It can be a PITA to install also. Electrical is much easier to install and nearly as accurate. I don't know much else. i.e. quarter sweep/full sweep, etc. Installation will depend on where you are going to mount it. In our car most mount near the 07/08 cylinder since it is normally the hottest... Plan on losing about a quart or more of anti-freeze. Could be as much as a gallon or two if you are not quick... :) Make sure you know how to burp the car properly. Do a search, there is good information on ChicagoSVT.

Mar 26, 2004
Thanks Mystic. Two more dumb questions :-o

I want to add an Autometer boost gauge, I should buy a mechanical one and T the line off the stock one, right?

The Lunar series (which I'm buying), only offer a mechanical Nitrous pressure gauge (no electric). Is this safe to mount inside (1600 psi)? The instructions say its ok. Anyone else with Nitrous, what do you think?

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
03'CobraVert-10th said:
Thanks Mystic. Two more dumb questions :-o

I want to add an Autometer boost gauge, I should buy a mechanical one and T the line off the stock one, right?

The Lunar series (which I'm buying), only offer a mechanical Nitrous pressure gauge (no electric). Is this safe to mount inside (1600 psi)? The instructions say its ok. Anyone else with Nitrous, what do you think?

I would use mechanical boost since the t off line is easy. Regarding N2O I would not be able to answer that question. Someone w/ nitrous might be able to chime in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 03'CobraVert-10th
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list