• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help with aluminum dif. bushings.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I tried to have the aluminum bushing installed on my car today. After they were in. the the bolts for the control arms would not match up. The Kenney brown forward torque brace is so bent up that it would not line up with the control arms. The mechaninc said if he forces it my differential will be twisted and under pressure all the time.

I think the forward torque brace is bent and we will try the factory one tomorrow to confirm.

Has any one else noticed this?

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Since 1964 said:
Has any one else noticed this?

I used mm aluminum and had no problems. Although I am w/ the factory 03/04 forward brace. I would have thought you would leave the forward brace in place and then added shims above and below. Why was the forward brace taken out? Is the forward brace a new install?

Here is where I was @ before I checked the pinion angle. The resultant pinion andgl was off .35 degrees. I then moved one thin shim from the bottom and put it on the top. Each thin shim (In the mm kit) changes the pinion angle approx .25 degree. My resultant pinion angle is only off .1 degree +/- .1 degree since se are near the resolution of the digital gauge that I use.

5cj283

That bottom stack of silver washers/shims is actually about 5 ~ 6 shims.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Since 1964
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list