• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anything else I should get? (lowering)

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
I am putting a bunch of stuff on my car in 2 weeks, for better suspension, and to lower the car. Heres whats going on...

Maximum Motorsports Full Lenght Subframe Connectors
Maximum Motorsports 4pt. K-member brace
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
H & R Race Springs
Bilstein HD Shocks
Brembo Slotted Rotors + Hawk Performance Brake Pads..

Im thinking Ill be good for a while after thats done, I just want to make sure I covered everything in the lowering department. Are there any bushings or something I would need, or would this setup work out great?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I think there's only one K-member option for the 2003 Cobra. The purpose of it is to reduce some front weight and it does something with the alignment of the car (wheel spacing?). Do you have a bassani X pipe? That's the only pipe that will work with the Bassani mid headers.

If you're going to change the springs, you should just do the isolators. The rubber isolators don't last very long, as I have seen in my friends Cobra - while the springs are out change to the MM isolators and you won't have to go through the labor again of taking it apart to put in new isolators again. Plus the isolators add like maybe .25" of ride height back, I have the KennyBrown springs and I can barely get over most humps and my lower lip is already scuffed up, so I am adding them when they drop my K-member for the headers...

EVLSVT said:
would the 4pt k-member be a good idea? then I could put on some bassini mid-lenghts, or should i sell the k-member, get a 2pt k-member and try to get LT kooks headers?

And what if I dont put the isolators on it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info