• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Removing side scoops?

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Does anyone know how to do it? I know it's something simple but it's NOT in the big book and I don't want to do it wrong.

I heard they have come off at automatic car washes.....I wouldn't know, but I'm thinking you probably just push it towards the back wheels and it pops off?

Any way I have 2 new ones I'd like to get on there but like I said it's NOT in the manual, or...I can't find it.

P

PearlBlue L

i took mikeys off of his car for him so i know how it goes. you have to remove the plastic interior pieces in the back, doing this we took out the back seat(the bottom only) and got the plastic pieces out. then there is 6 clips that hold it in. they sqeeze together and you push them out once sqeezed. i dont think any car wash could get them off, maybe a crow bar and someone not caring on getting the car scratched. it seems like alot of work to do, well it was kinda, but its all easy stuff really.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
You don't have to remove the interior pieces to remove the side scoops.
You can just pry them off of the side of the car.
Use a flat thin blade and pry them off. Protect the painted area. Start at the door jamb edge first, then lift the back off.
There are 6 clips holding them on.

That's how I did mine anyway.

Dan

Attachments

• Scoop on11A.jpg
    Scoop on11A.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Dana said:
You don't have to remove the interior pieces to remove the side scoops.
You can just pry them off of the side of the car.
Use a flat thin blade and pry them off. Protect the painted area. Start at the door jamb edge first, then lift the back off.
There are 6 clips holding them on.

That's how I did mine anyway.

Dan

I love those scoop deletes!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Sorry about the double...how'd I do that?

I am sssooo retarded. I feel like the timming adjuster on Hanks car. :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info