• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Opinions needed - 2.3 Whipple or 2.4 KB (no the horse is not dead yet)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I don't think KB has all the problems worked out of their blowers yet.
They still seem to be having a problem blowing oil, both 2.2 and 2.4.

As far as performance goes, they are all pretty well matched, but the 2.4 KB is kinda overkill.

I would stick with the Whipple for now.

Dan

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Well, I admit I was a KB leghumper, but I have to say to go woth the Whipple. Slighty better numbers than the 2.2L at the same boost, pretty close numbers all the 2.4L numbers Ive seen. (Since the only person that seems to be making the big numbers at low boost is Hammer :rolleyes: ) and the Whipple doesnt spray oil everywhere.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I agree with Dan, KB still hasn't worked out all the oil spray problems. You might get a good one, you might not. I've been happy with my Whipple (after the initial problem I had). Very similar performance between both blowers, it's really just a matter of personal preference. I personally wouldn't get the KB until I knew they fixed the oil problem. Maybe SVTDubs will chime in on his 2.4 KB. He's the only person I personally know that owns one and I know at one point he had oil spray issues.

I also think the Customer Service for both companies leaves alot to be desired (unless you're one of their "high profile" customers). My Whipple Customer Service experience WAS NOT satisfactory as was my experience with KB back when I was getting parts from them for my GN. More recently though, I did get good service (and a good product) from KB when I purchased my BAP.

I would look on ModFords for some additional Whipple/KB info/drama before making your decision.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info