• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Focus Pumps or KB B-A-P??

Focus pumps or BAP

• Focusssssssss

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • KB BAP

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Correct me if I'm wrong but all a BAP does is supply more voltage and AMPs to the stock fuel pumps, thus over-driving them

How is this safer/more reliable than getting replacement pumps with an adequate flow rate?

And are the focus pumps really only good up to 530rwhp???

Cobratom

Regular
May 14, 2004
VenomInside said:
Dammit.. another whipple guy :D

Seems you can never mod the Cobra enough! I try to perform some of the most desirable mods each year as the budget and wife permits. Bought the Whipple along with all the necessary support components a few months ago. You do some more research and reading, then you decide you should beef up all the drive train components to retain the durability and reliability, add the add the cost of the additional components along with perfessional istallation and tuning! It never ends!

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Cobratom said:
Seems you can never mod the Cobra enough! I try to perform some of the most desirable mods each year as the budget and wife permits. Bought the Whipple along with all the necessary support components a few months ago. You do some more research and reading, then you decide you should beef up all the drive train components to retain the durability and reliability, add the add the cost of the additional components along with perfessional istallation and tuning! It never ends!

I want a whipple.. but im not exactly in the situation where i can drop 3K like nothing.. ya know..

Im doing this slow.. And as most of you will most likely say.. VERY SLOW MOD THE FREAKING CAR ALREADY. :D

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Well....I was told that the Focus pumps will allow me to go as far as I wanted...and NOT to put a band aid on a situation that requires quality and reliability.

Good sales pitch, or fact...I don't know and I didn't look, but I have the Focus pumps so I hope I did right.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Son of a Bitch!

I just read that info from Kenny Bell and I'm pissed. I hate when I don't look hard enough at a subject. I have the dual Focus set up and I'm OK, but I fear failure, and also, I realise that because of my FKG GVT,,,, ALCOHOL eats pumps...it's only a matter of time that one will fail and so then I will put back my Cobra pums and get the BAP?

I also just realized I didn't get my original pumps back from Sutton....WTF? I hope they still have them.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Since 1964 said:
Son of a Bitch!

I just read that info from Kenny Bell and I'm pissed. I hate when I don't look hard enough at a subject. I have the dual Focus set up and I'm OK, but I fear failure, and also, I realise that because of my FKG GVT,,,, ALCOHOL eats pumps...it's only a matter of time that one will fail and so then I will put back my Cobra pums and get the BAP?

I also just realized I didn't get my original pumps back from Sutton....WTF? I hope they still have them.

Just remember who wrote it. He is obviously not going to praise Focus pumps.

Isn't this the same company with the oil spewing blowers? :dunno:

Thread Info