• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What mix coolant/water for intercooler??

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
I've always read that coolant is a poor in terms of thermal conductivity....so running less coolant, and more distilled water would be better in terms of transfering heat.

My car is not a daily driver, and is stored indoors.....When I do my tank/HE I was planning on running about 80 water / 20 coolant, but maybe less?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
50/50 mix. Ford stuff and half distilled water.

It would cool better with 100% distilled water with redline water wetter added, but if you leave that stuff in during the freezing weather even if the car is in storage.... water expands when it is frozen ... so .... BAD

If you're willing to change the coolant every year and go through the whole burping process, do the water/water wetter route. Otherwise if you're not a hardcore racer and not depending on that trophie, just use coolant mix - it has anti-corrosives in it too for longetivity and lubes stuff (water pump).

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
50/50 mix. Ford stuff and half distilled water.

It would cool better with 100% distilled water with redline water wetter added, but if you leave that stuff in during the freezing weather even if the car is in storage.... water expands when it is frozen ... so .... BAD

If you're willing to change the coolant every year and go through the whole burping process, do the water/water wetter route. Otherwise if you're not a hardcore racer and not depending on that trophie, just use coolant mix - it has anti-corrosives in it too for longetivity and lubes stuff (water pump).

Ditto on what ChicagoMike said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info