• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Official Set-up list...

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Ok.. now that i am almost 100% done with the looks of my car.. its time to focus on the balls of my car.. lol.. here is what i plan on doing...

BilletFlow 2.76" Pulley w/ all 4 idlers
Steg. Stage III ported eaton w/ TB and Plenum
Lower pulley.. [Not sure which yet.. Thoughts?]
Injectors
sct big air meter
Dual Focus Pumps
Crower Stage III Cams w/ New Springs/Retainers
Ported Heads
Nitrous 25 or 50 shot [Wet or dry.. not sure which yet].
Autometer Boost Gauge
AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
New Stage III clutch/Pressure Plate/Alum. Flywheel
SCT tune by Sutton
Afco Heat Exchanger
LDC cooling mod
Precision Fabrication Aluminum Intercooler Reservoir/IceBox

What kind of numbers do you guys think i will be pushing? And please feel free to correct me. :D

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Sounds good Mikey, now just do it! :p

Ported heads? I haven't heard too much about people porting these heads.... I thought they actually flow pretty well. :dunno:

Not sure on power, but I would guess around 550 or so.

Also, if you wanna do the upper/lower combo... it looks like most people go with the 2.93 and 4# lower. Not sure though.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Well I plan on having the one's listed done by july..

BilletFlow 2.76" Pulley w/ all 4 idlers
Steg. Stage III ported eaton w/ TB and Plenum
Lower pulley.. [Not sure which yet.. Thoughts?]
Injectors
sct big air meter
Dual Focus Pumps
Autometer Boost Gauge
AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
New Stage III clutch/Pressure Plate/Alum. Flywheel
SCT tune by Sutton
Afco Heat Exchanger
Precision Fabrication Aluminum Intercooler Reservoir/IceBox

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I would consider the BAP only and skip the focus pump. What's your email? I have a PDF file for you that will make you think twice about the focus pumps.

Also, I was going to do a 2.76 upper and 4 lb. lower, but then I learned that combo is going to slip and shred belts since there's not much on top keeping the belt on spinning it that fast. I switch for a 2.93 upper and 6 lb. lower. This is what Steig. recommends if you have their stage 3 port job to get the most out of it.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
ChicagoMike said:
I would consider the BAP only and skip the focus pump. What's your email? I have a PDF file for you that will make you think twice about the focus pumps.

Also, I was going to do a 2.76 upper and 4 lb. lower, but then I learned that combo is going to slip and shred belts since there's not much on top keeping the belt on spinning it that fast. I switch for a 2.93 upper and 6 lb. lower. This is what Steig. recommends if you have their stage 3 port job to get the most out of it.

Very curious about the PDF... Can you send to me too?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Like I told you....BAP, not Focus Pumps. And skip the Headwork, these heads already flow like mad.

If you are going to do a UpperLower combo Id recommend a 3.1 Upper/8lb Lower.

60lb Injectors, better spray pattern and allow for more growth.

CenterForce DFX Clutch if its out by the time you need it. Otherwise the DF will do you just fine. Make sure to toss in a 26 spline Input shaft and LDC cooling mod while you're at it.

Id start off with a Dry 30 post MAF...then work your way up till you're happy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info