• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I'mn lookin for clutch info

Cobratom

Regular
May 14, 2004
Brutal04 said:
It's time to rip the stock guts out of the tranny. What's available? (Clutch/TOB..ect). What shop(s) do ya recommend? How about price?? I know the parts are not to pricey, but what are shops chargin now-a-days?

I'm having SVT Speed in Schaumburg do some mods to my 03 in May. Whipple, 60Lb injectors, MAF, Diablo Revolution Chip, Upgraded input shaft for the tranny, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, TOB and new upgraded Alum Flywheel. Take to Larry or Chris at SVT Speed. Good service, fair prices.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Brutal04 said:
Thanks for thr info guys.. :biggthump

When is it coming out? I need the clutch done before 6/3. I plan on doin the Power Tour this year.

If you can't wait you could always get the CF DF or the CF Dual-Puck setup that is available now. Eric (SVTDubs) Dual Friction was holding up to his massive power and my Dual Puck hasn't had any problems holding 520+ rwtq for some time now with Drag Radials (and is VERY streetable).

Don't forget to do the input shaft while the trans is out.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Brutal04 said:
It's time to rip the stock guts out of the tranny. What's available? (Clutch/TOB..ect). What shop(s) do ya recommend? How about price?? I know the parts are not to pricey, but what are shops chargin now-a-days?

if you are gonna do the clutch yourself i can stop by your place if it in O.P. and give you a hand with the 26 from Liberty. An hour tops.............Lyle

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Cobratom said:
I'm having SVT Speed in Schaumburg do some mods to my 03 in May. Whipple, 60Lb injectors, MAF, Diablo Revolution Chip, Upgraded input shaft for the tranny, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, TOB and new upgraded Alum Flywheel. Take to Larry or Chris at SVT Speed. Good service, fair prices.

What about a coolant mod????????????????Lyle

C

chris@svtspeed

mcleod makes really nice stuff but way out of most peoples price range. but then again the guys who spends less the first time may have to do a clutch sooner then the guy who bought the nice one the first time. plus he would have less down time.

its important to also keep in mind you will probaly never stop modding your car ( its a sickness) so you should leave your self some room to grow.

the centerforce is a great clutch combined with a 26 spline input shaft I think its a strong combo and would go to bat for most daily driven cobras making around 550hp/tq at the wheels. if your still irs stay with the al flywheel; I prefer fidanza flywheels

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
chris@svtspeed said:
mcleod makes really nice stuff but way out of most peoples price range. but then again the guys who spends less the first time may have to do a clutch sooner then the guy who bought the nice one the first time. plus he would have less down time.

its important to also keep in mind you will probaly never stop modding your car ( its a sickness) so you should leave your self some room to grow.

the centerforce is a great clutch combined with a 26 spline input shaft I think its a strong combo and would go to bat for most daily driven cobras making around 550hp/tq at the wheels. if your still irs stay with the al flywheel; I prefer fidanza flywheels

I agree 100%.:headbang: (CF Dual-Puck, 26 spline shaft here)

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
chris@svtspeed said:

Where can I pick up a Mcleod & whats the part #??

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I have last years CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch and it is just like factory to live with but hooks like a bitch at the track. I followed the rules and other than a few forgotten hits I suffered through the 500 mile break in. I am very happy. After 3 runs I had to adjust my firewall a measly 5 1/4 turns and the pedal was right back to where I like it. Is that a lot??? I don't know, but it kicked ass at the track and that's what counts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info