• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

boost

P

PearlBlue L

BlackBolt03 said:
maybe thats where i did it the first time, is the T fitting under the steering column 1/4 "
i didnt have to buy anything to make it work from under the steering column... all the hardware included with the guage ended up fitting for me. shouldnt have any problem hooking it up off of that fitting.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
It's not a "T" fitting, it's an elbow that connects the line running from the firewall to the dash boost gauge. You have to replace the elbow with a "T" and use the third end to connect to the autometer boost gauge.

It should be right under the steering wheel. It's unmistakeable, as it's the only 1/8" vacuum line running down there.

P

PearlBlue L

you dont force it through anything... theres a coupler, i think... and that goes around the nylon line... that coupler gets crushed kinda to the line to hold it tight when you screw it to the back of the guage. once you screw the lines to the guage i wouldnt un screw them or i think you have to buy a new coupler... when i moved my guage i didnt unscrew it... i unbolted my dash enough to move the whole guage through it so i could mount it on my a pillar.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I used the tubing that came with it, I think it's nylon tubing. I know you can buy some at PepBoys, it was like $5 for 10 feet or something cheap like that. Maybe Home Depot has it too, but I don't know for sure. It's not any special tube, it's just called "vacuum tubing". I think the size is 1/8" - it's whatever the smallest size they sell is. You'll recognize it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Juggernaut
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list