• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Back together

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
OK well i finally finished the car today. Gonna change oil tomorrow and get it off the stands. Started it up and with the coolant mod and the new HE with fans the radiator fan took about 30 min before it came on, then went back off after only 10 sec or so. Usually fan comes on within about 10 min and runs for 30 sec or so, when im warming it up the 3 or 4 times i start it in the winter. And the garage is close to same temp. I was just getting ready to turn the car off thinking i might have messed something up because the fan wasnt coming on. Hardest part of the installs i did this winter: award goes to the dowel pins in the Fidanza-NO VICE-!!! Easiest by far the 26 spline upgrade. Most time consuming Gords HE because of the PSC and the fact that the pass side hoses dont line up.

Thanks to Cliff, Dan, Paul,Vince and all the support from everyone on the site during the coolant mod designand fabrication process and install help on the goodies.........

Now to put the 500 miles on it in exactly the OPPOSITE way that Cliff drives....................Lyle

:burnout:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Best News YET! (500 miles the OPPOSITE of Cliff's driving...funny :lmao: )

Hey, yours wasn't the only Cobra on jack stands :biggthump

well, wish mine was to go faster, but mine needed brakes,
resurfaced the rear rotors at a local shop,and picked up some rear brake pads, and while all the rims and tires were off, I decided to take some brake cleaner and clean up the calipers etc.

the calipers were red (I didn't do it :eek:h: )

now they are a nice gunmetal grey (I had to repaint them - look better already)
I think it looked ricey in red :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You're welcome, Lyle. I learned a lot while we beefed up your drivetrain.

I took the next LDC prototype off my car today so I could take some pics of the rust underneath [yes, rust. I'm not kidding]. Chicago Mike knows what the next product is but you guys have to wait until Saturday to see it. Only a prototype, the finished product is coming. Lyle designed it but I pushed for it because I like the bling bling...

03mineralg

dun4791 said:
OK well i finally finished the car today. Gonna change oil tomorrow and get it off the stands. Started it up and with the coolant mod and the new HE with fans the radiator fan took about 30 min before it came on, then went back off after only 10 sec or so. Usually fan comes on within about 10 min and runs for 30 sec or so, when im warming it up the 3 or 4 times i start it in the winter. And the garage is close to same temp. I was just getting ready to turn the car off thinking i might have messed something up because the fan wasnt coming on. Hardest part of the installs i did this winter: award goes to the dowel pins in the Fidanza-NO VICE-!!! Easiest by far the 26 spline upgrade. Most time consuming Gords HE because of the PSC and the fact that the pass side hoses dont line up.

Thanks to Cliff, Dan, Paul,Vince and all the support from everyone on the site during the coolant mod designand fabrication process and install help on the goodies.........

Now to put the 500 miles on it in exactly the OPPOSITE way that Cliff drives....................Lyle

:burnout:
Iv'e never seen so many mods on a car with only 2,000 miles on it, maybe by the end of summer you will get your 500 ;) Thanks for the H.E. brackets, they look much better than my painted stock ones. :biggthump

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
the heat exchanger is easier than the input shaft if you take 5 seconds and remove the front bumper cover, silly!

I would bet that he did that...

My passanger hose was a little trouble... It wanted to kink, and the hose clamp in the center of where it was kinking didn't seem like a good idea to me... I used a channelocks and twisted the hose and the kink went away. Then secured it in that spot on the H/E. The above probably only makes sense if you've done it or are drinking. :alcoholic

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i fit both criteria :D

Mystic Terminator said:
I would bet that he did that...

My passanger hose was a little trouble... It wanted to kink, and the hose clamp in the center of where it was kinking didn't seem like a good idea to me... I used a channelocks and twisted the hose and the kink went away. Then secured it in that spot on the H/E. The above probably only makes sense if you've done it or are drinking. :alcoholic

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info